Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

You can always add grated spud too to thicken

Dunno what to have tonight. Something easy. Maybe even just shop-bought pizza.
I didn't add any thickener in the end, just let it reduce to desired thickness. I added some chopped fresh rosemary, raw ginger and some lime zest at the end, really made a difference.

I have about half an hour, possibly 40 minutes, in Windsor. So probably MacDonalds! Unless I can find somewhere that does fish & chips!

Having tortolini pasta filled with mushroom with a tomato and olive sauce, salad & garlic bread.

I had veggie sausages, onion gravy, mashed potato and loads of veggies last night.

Hope you feel better, fakeplasticgirl

Went back to the uni canteen and tried a different concession. At this one you could have 3 options plus rice for 90p, I had mapo tofu, thin bits of beef and green beans and some kind of lemony breaded chicken. :cool:

from a carton :( im sick and cant seem to eat anything else
mmm cant wait to eat spag bol and piZZA again!
Get well soon.

I'm having more sausage/chorizo casserole tonight which should be even nicer after a night in the fridge.
Hope you feel better, fakeplasticgirl

Went back to the uni canteen and tried a different concession. At this one you could have 3 options plus rice for 90p, I had mapo tofu, thin bits of beef and green beans and some kind of lemony breaded chicken. :cool:

God that sounds good for 90p. :D I miss Asian prices. I once had some great daal, rice, two chapatis and a masala chai in Paharganj for 16p.

Last nights NIgella was spaghetti with anchovies, olives , parsley and pistachios - pretty good.

Just been to a caff in Angel and had a massive lamb shank, roast pots, carrots, peas and gravy for £4.90. Better than one I paid three times that for in a gastropub recently.

Tonight will be something quick before the fireworks.

Get well soon.

I'm having more sausage/chorizo casserole tonight which should be even nicer after a night in the fridge.

God that sounds good for 90p. :D I miss Asian prices. I once had some great daal, rice, two chapatis and a masala chai in Paharganj for 16p.

Oh nice, that's a way better deal! :cool: I think the canteen must be subsidized because the prices/portion sizes are something else, even for China, ime.

Oh nice, that's a way better deal! :cool: I think the canteen must be subsidized because the prices/portion sizes are something else, even for China, ime.
90p for three dishes, though. not bad. Tbf the place I had my dhaal was totally filthy - I doubt I'd've risked it if I hadn't already been living there for a bit and built up some resistance to the local bugs. Lots of Indian blokes having thalis there on their lunchbreak though; always a good sign. I think a thali was 23p. Out of my price range, obvs..

We've decided to go out and I have a 25% off voucher for Cafe Rouge.

Probably steak for me and I reckon Mr S will have fish. We're getting the bus so I can have a few drinks too. : )

Macaroni cheese, with a poached egg on the side. :cool:
this was so good, i took a photo.

egg.jpg

Cream of pumpkin soup followed by steak cutlets with rice and a very nice green bean salad. Green beans, red onions, chopped boiled egg, diced potato, herbs and spicey lemon juice dressing.

Going to source a good bottle of wine and quality chorizo for this evening. Another financially imposed Friday night in.

What are the eyeballs, mozzarella?

No idea what we're having tonight. We're doing the monthly shop so will grab something at tesco or on the way home. I kind of fancy harvester salad cart...

yeah, lil mozzarella balls in hollowed out tomatoes with bits of basil for pupils.

Just yammed a lovely chicken shish from the awesome kebab shop up the road. Very rarely have kebabs, but fancied one on a whim as I drove past and very nice it was too, all fresh ingredients etc, tasty sauce, good pitta. Lovely :)

Cheese and onion pastry thing; baked spuds; braised little gem lettuce/peas/spring onions; steamed samphire

Last night I had dim sum at Courtesan. Average food decor was kind of cool, they put a lot of effort in. A plus was we didn't feel rushed and the staff were friendly and attentive, but maybe a bit formal.

Back
Top Bottom