Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sauce? White bread or brown?
Enquiring minds!
White bread, home made (er, not by me, my other half is having some kind of strange nesting moment), one with vintage cheddar and sliced toms microwaved to a red cheesy sludge; one with butter and sauce tartare

Sunday/Monday was cottage pie with sprouts, yesterday was some Tesco southern style chicken wings, an individual steak pie (disappointing, since it was a 'Finest' one) and lemon curd ice cream (also not all that....will save the rest for the kids and test out the coffee one instead :D ).

Today....a big fat pork chop, cauli cheese, sugar snaps and gravy :cool:

I'm having spaghetti with basil tofu & mushrooms in a tomato sauce. the boy is having the leftover sausage & lentil stew with some mash and broccoli on the side. I'm a bit jealous.

One of my favourite things. How do you do yours?

Take ohh the thick bit at the end, slice in half lengthways and 'braise' on top of the overn with a dash of soy sauce, lots of sea salt, bit of garlic and some warm water and honey.... Lovely. Especially when done with the onions.

Went to the uni canteen and got Dong Bei style sweet and sour pork and a scrambled egg thing with spring onions. The egg thing was excellent. :cool: The uni canteen is my most exciting food discovery of the year, I am so excited to go back and try more stuff. :oops:

Gonna make that Nigel Slater (as I've found out it's by) recipe for sausage and lentil supper, using some quorn 'Meditteranean' saussies, and green lentils. Missing out the bacon for obvious reasons - the saussie flavouring will make up for that.

Gonna roast some baby spuds for it too, and maybe have a few glasses of red too

Proper posh sitdown doner kebab. So hungover, poisoned I just wanted to sit alone and force feed myself carbs and salt and sugars. Fucking €8 for a fucking kebab and Coke. Cunts. Grumpy hangover mood.

my favourite french fancy is the yellow one because they flavour the fondant - im always disappointed they dont flavour the fondant for the seasonal fancy options...although i havent tried the organge ones :D [/french fancy fancier]

Sausages for tea! I have been so excited about it all afternoon I've struggled to actually do any studying. :oops: Was tempted to do toad in the hole but I'm a bit nervous of the eggs, so something with veggies and brown rice and lots and lots of garlic.

Gonna make that Nigel Slater (as I've found out it's by) recipe for sausage and lentil supper, using some quorn 'Meditteranean' saussies, and green lentils. Missing out the bacon for obvious reasons - the saussie flavouring will make up for that.

Gonna roast some baby spuds for it too, and maybe have a few glasses of red too
This was absolutely stunning - will deffo do it again. I should eat more green lentils, they're fucking lush.

Tonight - I have a massive craving for macaroni cheese. I haven't made it for aaaages - just fancy it. Will do a load of roast vine toms to go with it too :cool:

not sure.... I have

carrots
potatoes (new and red)
mushrooms
bacon
maybe eggs
some pasta
a bit of cheese

....what does that make? :facepalm:

maybe carbonara, but would quite like to use up that potatoes :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom