Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I made a veg soup yesterday to have today with garlic bread....BUT we've got the dentist after school tomorrow, so I'm thinking it'd be better to leave it for then cos A. it'll be quick to do since we'll be back later and B. well it's the dentist :mad: :( so soup is a safe bet, whatever happens.... :hmm:

So that means that tonight, my son would have to make the burgers he was going to make tomorrow, but that depends on the shopping turning up reasonably early :hmm: so maybe I'll just let Tescos decide. :hmm:

Got some chocolate and caramel mousses for them and low fat raspberry mousses for me :hmm: so those for pudding.

Dunno. Tesco delivery coming tonight so the fridge is my oyster.
Maybe tofu stir fry with noodles.
Maybe something a bit more hearty.

smiley_emoticons_vollpanik.gif

Either Japanese chicken curry or lightly spiced carrot soup depending on which I can be arsed to make and what Mr.QofG's tooth - well jaw as he had an extraction yesterday - will cope with.

Fucking hell, glad I didn't look at the thread yesterday. Someone let the drama llama run free in it :eek: My tea wasn't very interesting anyway, I had marmite on toast when I got back from boxing.

Anyway, tonight is buffalo burgers :hmm: oven chips and coleslaw. I may go crazy and have the burger in a bun with some cheese and a gherkin. I'll see how crazy I feel when I get in later :cool:

Well, are they American Bison? Or African Buffalo?

I have no idea as I am currently not sitting in the same location as my fridge. However, I will be sure to provide an update on my return. However, as they are farmed in the UK for meat/milk I'm not particularly sure that it matters.

I have no idea as I am currently not sitting in the same location as my fridge. However, I will be sure to provide an update on my return. However, as they are farmed in the UK for meat/milk I'm not particularly sure that it matters.

Cool, be interested to know.

the buffalo we eat and milk is the african buffalo, not the bison.
american bison breed in 'the wild' although mainly (or entirely) on private property in the USA.

the buffalo we eat and milk is the african buffalo, not the bison.
american bison breed in 'the wild' although mainly (or entirely) on private property in the USA.

Interesting. I've never had it before and just thought it looked interesting when I was at the farmers market. Tbh it never crossed my mind that it might be endangered :D But if it's african it ain't. I will double-check later though.

Water buffalo, isn't it?

They do massive great big buff steak *sizzlers* in Kathmandu...fucking lovely! I was always under the impression it was the same buffalo they've started farming here.

Last night I tried a new pork stir fry recipe with ginger and honey which was v. nice (although I put in loads of extra veg)
Tonight I was going to make a chicken / orange /soy stir fry but now I remember it's burns night Im tempted to open the canned haggis that the boy brought back from Scotland....

on a whim I picked up a couple of plaice fillets from Sopers in Nunhead and have no idea how to cook!

I'm thinking, the easier way to cook is to bag them in silver foil, bit of butter and some parsley - or?

I was going to have some puy lentils on the side but couldn't find so doing reg green lentils with maybe some rocket on the side?

Or any other suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom