Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm suprised you haven't posted on the 'look what I made' food thread.
Go on - show us your yorkshire puddings :)

I'm going to kock up a spicy rice and prawn thing, with sugar snap peas and baby corn.
What thread is this? :hmm:

Haven't made them quite yet... about an hour to go.

I've got a roast chicken in the oven but as I had a massive burrito a couple of hours ago I'm not really hungry. Might have a couple of slices cold with pickles later, and then same tomorrow and the rest as risotto/soup on Tuesday.

Roast beef that I got half price in the tramps buffet, roast spuds and carrots, stuffing, yorkshires, broccoli and green beans with red wine gravy. We had no mint sauce which is the highlight of any roast but apart from that it was lovely.

Farm-raised rainbow trout baked in parchment with mild Spanish onions and wild mushrooms, lime couscous, Greek salad. Damson strudel and coffee for dessert.

Biddly :cool:

We're having lamb shish kebabs In wraps with some spinach leaves and yoghurt and a Greek salad on the side.
Malt loaf and fruit for pudding.

More veg chilli and rice. I've made so much of this that this will be my reply to this thread until Wednesday at least.

More veg chilli and rice. I've made so much of this that this will be my reply to this thread until Wednesday at least.

You could always freeze some if you're getting sick of it.

I'm going to make a big batch of ragu in the slow cooker today so I expect we'll have some of that for tea.
Possibly on a jacket potato

Going for a dish of brown rice or couscous cooked with some tom yum paste, onion, spinach, green pepper and some peas.

Hmmm. Not sure about failsafe - it cooked nicely, when I cut it in two the crumb looked good, but with no whisking there wasn't much air in it so it didn't rise that much. We've done the icing and will eat it in a couple of hours so I'll reserve judgement until then. We may move onto Patten for all future baking and avoid short cuts.
Lunch is roast leg of lamb studded with garlic, anchovies and rosemary with roast potatoes & parsnips, sugar snap peas, Yorkshire Puddings and gravy.

Nigella's chocolate cake was OK, but as suspected, it was a bit dense and dry. Next cake will be made the traditional way, but if I catch the littlun trying to sneak any more of her Christmas presents to school there will be no cake.

The lamb was great, though as I did a 3kg leg five of us barely made a dent in it so we'll be eating it all week.

Not tonight though - sausage, mash, peas and gravy.

Biddly - like the Yorkshires, I did mine in a small fairy cake tray instead of the usual big ones and they came out nearly as good as yours look. That may be the new correct.

In other news we've decided King Edwards make better roasties than Maris Pipers and I have made my first ever really top notch gravy, of which I was very proud :cool:

I did them in slightly deeper muffin tray... I was like a child when I took them out the oven :D

Have you tried chocolate guinness cake ringo? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom