Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

....I'm thinking about making Nigella's triple choc brownies AND some white chocolate and banana flapjacks..... :hmm:

I compromised and JUST made the flapjacks :D ....although I just worked out that a piece roughly an inch square has 230 cals and 13.7 grams of fat :facepalm: I could've had a fucking cream doughnut for that! :mad: :( :D

All this talk of curry has convinced me that the cheapo fish earmarked for dinner tomorrow will have to become a fish madras, quite useful as I was struggling for inspiration - I usually like fish cooked quite simply but this stuff is not the best quality and I think a curry will sort it out nicely.

So thank you, anyone who has mentioned curry over the last couple of pages!

Rabbit 'carbonade' with buckwheat dumplings; steamed carrots, parsnips and turnip; green salad. Store-bought pecan tart for dessert.

Spicy meatballs and spaghetti with some garlic and sweet chilli dough balls I got in the tramps buffet.

It was lovely but I still can't taste much. : (

Bought loads of food but wasn't that hungry, so just had some shop bought mini lamb koftas, stuffed vine leaves and a cheese & chive dip. Bit odd but quite tasty.

Crispy soy pork/salad/mayo wraps. Banana and white chocolate flapjacks for pudding.

I've also got a load of chilli (because my daughter wants to make Taco's for her cooking day next week) and a chinese pork/carrot/spring onion casserole on the go.

It's our Secret Santa party tonight and it's a bring & share hot buffet. I'm taking a veg chilli, garlic potato wedges, veggie sausage rolls, key lime pie and vodka jelly. I will be getting drunk on snowballs.

It's our Secret Santa party tonight and it's a bring & share hot buffet. I'm taking a veg chilli, garlic potato wedges, veggie sausage rolls, key lime pie and vodka jelly. I will be getting drunk on snowballs.

smoked mackerel fish cakes.
I was wondering what else to have and garlic potato wedges sound nice (and I was in the garage this morning looking at the garlic we've got stored in there)
Are they home made moonsi? How do you do them?

I do them much as I would roasties (but without bothering to remove the skin)....but I parboil whole baking potatoes (8 minutes ish?), then cut them into wedges down the length but using two forks instead of a knife to give some grooves so they have a rougher outside to get them crusty :cool: (basically stick the forks in along your intended line then lever the potato apart with the forks, iyswim... :hmm: ) then roll them around in some oil which has had crushed garlic/paprika/herbs/s&p mixed into it first...then into the oven.

Last night we got curry delivered, I had lamb jhalfrezi, tarka dal and pilau rice. The littlun has finally succumbed to the delights of dal :cool:

Tonight is grilled mackerel with mustard and onion sauce, new potatoes with chives and butter and carrots. Only one complete fish left in Sainsburys, so I bought two more packaged, filleted, de-tailed and beheaded at twice the cocking price. I shall use them to learn how to fillet the whole one, so they'll serve a good porpoise.

Just assisted the littlun in making a chocolate cake for Sunday's pudding, following Nigella's 'failsafe birthday cake' recipe. We shall see :D

blue cheese quarterpounder, chips and carrot coleslaw. And, got a pack of rocky road rice krispie squares for munching on in front of the telly later.

Breadcrumbed yellowtail flounder fillets, new potatoes, peas and vanilla cheesecake for pudding. Yes, I have been to Marks and Spencer.

Mackeral cooked in newpaper with baby baked potatoes, broccoli and cream and caper sauce. It was mighty. The newpaper is a really good trick, takes all the grease out of the mackeral.

I made a kind of Olla Podrida with some pork shoulder, white kidney beans and root vegetables; green salad; toasted Calabrese bread with roasted garlic purée and slivvered kalamata olives. Chilean cabernet. Fruit compote and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom