Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Seriously on before the beans kinda cheese?

Yes, I'm currently putting the cheese on before the beans. I think it's just a phase I'm going through.

Keen fromagerists might be interested to know we used two different types of Tomme, following my weekend in Haute-Savoie, a Tomme Affinee and a Tomme du Revard. I also have a whole Tomme de Savoie we are yet to start.

Tonight is leftover fish pie with carrots and cabbage.

Change of plan - going to leave the curry for tomorrow and make Medfouna today. :cool:

Have just gone and bought another bag of clementines when I had a bag delivered LAST NIGHT :confused: so will add some of those to the pudding fruit, too :facepalm:

Change of plan - going to leave the curry for tomorrow and make Medfouna today. :cool:

Have just gone and bought another bag of clementines when I had a bag delivered LAST NIGHT :confused: so will add some of those to the pudding fruit, too :facepalm:

*googles Medfouna*
Sounds lovely sheo - what are you putting in the filling?

Finely chopped sirloin (the sirloin was £6 which is well extravagant for me :D ....and that was reducing the quantity to 350g from the proposed 500 as it was....but no way was I stretching to fillet, which is what you're supposed to use :eek: ), celery, onion, fresh thyme, parsley and coriander....and some ground coriander and salt and pepper, too...plus caraway seeds in the dough.
I made it once before probably five years ago and it was fucking LUSH so I'm really looking forwards to it! :cool:

I'll try and make the dough before I pick my daughter up so it can rise while I'm out and then my son can help do the chopping and mixing and rolling and sticking.... :D :cool:

Did mean to do a Greek salad to go with it....but forgot to get tomatoes! :mad: :facepalm:

More super spicy chocolatey black bean chili - hope it doesn't make me ill as I left it on the hob overnight
It's chilli, with beans. It could sit on the hob 2 more days and still be fine. I speak from experience.

Last night's tea was fucking lush :cool: Tonight we're both out twatting about on stages, but in separate venues, so no doubt it'll be beans on toast and a cuppa.

Made Jamaican Lamb Curry last night - it was fantastic and the lamb melt in the mouth.

Tonight is a quick turkey mince and green bean stir-fry with hoisin/chilli sauce and noodles as we are going out later.

Going to the dentist tomorrow. Wisdom tooth out more than likely. Trying to think of a fitting dinner to enjoy tonight. Having trouble. Maybe chorizo cooked in a cream and rosemary sauce with pasta. Or steak. Or chicken breasts covered in mozzarella, herbs and Parma ham. Help me Urban :(

Veggie spag bol style thing tonight - some for tonight, some for tomorrow, and a couple of portions to go in the freezer.

I had a pub supper with Very Tall Lodger and Death Metal Magpie after he finished his shift. Salad, burger and chips. Not at all bad either.

The chicken and spinach curry with mini naans we were going to have yesterday.
A slice of Soreen - with a *scraping* of butter - and a peach for afters.....although I'm thinking about making Nigella's triple choc brownies AND some white chocolate and banana flapjacks..... :hmm:

I found a nachos meal kit in the back of the cupboard that I'd forgotten about, so that with some cooked turkey added to make it a bit more substantial. Baileys ice-cream for pud.

Creamy Leek and Potato Soup (just inside the verge of being diet friendly :D) plus some french bread and some low-fat maple popcorn as a treat

Back
Top Bottom