Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Spankopita from yesterday, beef grillades, green salad. Leftover bread pudding with vanilla/rum sauce and coffee for dessert.

Going to have a go at a fish pie tonight. Never made one, anyone have a good recipe? Only has to feed two, I have two big bits of tilapia (400g) and some prawns (200g).

Made it from a Rick Stein recipe, was lovely, served with roasted sweet peppers, carrots and cabbage in butter.

We had takeaway curry of tikka paneer, karai paneer, mixed indian veg bhuna, boiled rice and garlic paratha.

Tomorrow I must get to the shops.

Grilled chicken swiss sandwich with bacon and tomato, green beans and cream of onion soup

oh and a coupla shots of vodka

Boil-in-the-bag cod in butter sauce, new potatoes and broccoli (all of which my daughter is in charge of cooking, with me *helping*).
Melon for pudding.

Yer a cheeky little get you tits :D

Reet, this is Biddlybee's recipe, and there is another one that uses eggs but I haven't tried that yet cos this one is so fucking nom!

Key Lime Pie

Ingredients

* 375g/12oz plain or sweetmeal digestive biscuits, crushed (I'd do 1/3 gingernuts to 2/3 digestives here)
* 150g/5oz unsalted butter
* 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk
* finely grated zest and juice of 5 large limes (these should be key limes, but they ain't easy to come by)
* 300ml carton double cream

Preparation method

1. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Lightly press into the base of a 23cm/9in pie dish/flan tin. Chill whilst preparing the filling.
2. To prepare the filling: place the lime juice into a large bowl, add the cream and condensed milk. Whisk for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the lime zest and lightly stir.
4. Pour onto the prepared biscuit base. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

It makes fucking LOADS and keeps well in the fridge for a few days :cool:

I'm going to make this at the weekend. I think it will be perfect after a veggie chilli affair?

I'm going to make this at the weekend. I think it will be perfect after a veggie chilli affair?
Absolutely :cool: Mmmm think I will have to make another one myself soon!

Simple tea tonight - cheese and chive omelettes, mushroom cous cous, green peppery salad, vine toms in salt/pepper/olive oil, and some good bread, yet to be sourced. Gotta have bread to dip into the deliciousness that is tomato juice and olive oil :cool:

nachos are just big crisps aren't they? yuck
and BAKED POTATOES shouldn't go anywhere near chilis, unless you run out of rice or summat.

Orang Utan said:
nachos are just big crisps aren't they? yuck
and BAKED POTATOES shouldn't go anywhere near chilis, unless you run out of rice or summat.

Chilli was the second most popular hot topping at Spudulike.

Back
Top Bottom