Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

i'm making my famous chicken penne pasta salad with green bell pepper and red onions...mmmmm

sardines i think. Lots of mushrooms. Pasta....? Dunno am so shattered. Currently at work :( Writing essays :( But entertaining msyelf with urban and memories of last night :)

Change of plan for us, or extension of original plan. We're now having tapas :) so with the earlier stated meatballs we're also having patatas bravas, tarragon chickpeas, avacado with cherry tomatoe and chorizo with red onion in red wine. These we're (I'm) cooking + we have some saltfish cakes to add in aswell.

Homemade pizza. First attempt with the breadmaker which 'should' make it easier.

Made a good sauce. Topping with salami, bell peppers, ham and halloumi.

Reheated shepherd's pie with gravy and a zapped yellow pepper. Possibly a satsuma or two.

A chicory, pear and blue cheese salad, and a baked sweet potato with mushrooms. Currently snacking on pitta chips with salsa.

Roast pork, homemade apple sauce, roast potatoes, roast parnsips, swede, carrot, some kind of green veg, gravy, yorkshires, stuffing. Maybe apple crumble for pudding.

No idea, got some last minute christening to go to in the middle of the day, followed by some kind of buffet thing. Not been to market this weekend and no time left for proper shop, so will probably be cooking from whatever's on offer from the meagre Tesco Local. Or takeaway frankly.

I made a bbq pork marinade last night for a big old tenderloin, so will roast that over some water and we'll have some of it in thin slices in a veg noodle soup. :cool:
I actually used the bones from the tandoori thighs to do a stock for the soup - with the addition of a star anise to try and make it more chinese tasting - so it might be a bit weird, tbf. :D

Kids are having billionaires shortbread ice cream for pudding.
I'll probably have grapes. :-/

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing, carrots, sprouts, cabbage and gravy.
For pudding I'm going to turn a tub of baileys dessert sauce into ice-cream.

Unsure really. The original plan was curry from/at Khan's but that has been scaled back.

I am kinda in the mood for making pizza again but two nights in a row is perhaps overkill. There are a LOT of half used bags of pasta of various kinds which annoys me :mad: but don't fancy mixed pasta shapes.

We're having garlicky roast chicken, roast spuds, stuffing, carrots, green beans and broccoli.

It was very nearly a 2 roast day! I was very hungover and the mates I was with were going for a roast at lunchtime. I was sorely tempted but resisted and had a dirty mcdonalds instead. : o

Roasted poussin (((baby chickens))) cooked with lemon and pepper with carrots, cabbage and some lentils and quinoa in a lemony dressing.
Having DELICIOUS homemad bakewell tart for afters.

Last time I ate poussin I nearly cried at the teeny tiny size of it on my plate. I do feel guilty eating them. Conscience vs convenience :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom