Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Happy Birthday Y_I! our Korean meal out was very tasty and very large - still full!

tonight will be the leftover Vegeree (2day old rice, might die, etc)

LOL @ your O.H. getting butch about hanging beef, Y_I! :D

We're having chicken in a creamy tarragon sauce, oven chips, broccoli and some other veg (will see what they have).
Might get some cream doughnuts or something for pudding, since it's Friday.... :-/

ffs Sheo I nearly spat out my tea...:mad:...I went :eek: at the cream but then thought :hmm: and really thought it's :eek::eek: at the chips...:D

Tonight I'm having mrs frans puy lentil lasagne with oven chips ( a classic combination)

I couldn't be bothered going to the supermarket last night so i made and 'ends' meal. Sausage and lentil stew with a red wine and garlic base with sweet potato. I was surprisingly tasty. <3

Cheers. sheo and tarannau :)

The steak would have been pleasantly adequate, but for the Other Half having gotten all butch with the owner/chef of the place we went to and hectoring him on the 'proper' way to age beef by hanging the carcass. I ignored them and had some plum cake with sweetened yoghurt and powdered sugar. And cognac. :)
hehehe :D

Happy belateds Y_I glad you got your pud :)

We didn't do it after all that :D I had a spare 10 mins so bought a Margarita from the supermarket and threw mushrooms and olives on it instead.
Seriously, you're much better off doing that than rob-off-Dominoes.

Well, as mah darlin is nose-deep in books and last minute editing, I shall be providing a few feasts over t'weekend as rewards. Tonight, we're on Cauldron Lincolnshire saussies, mashed spuds, roasted sweet potatoes and onions with rosemary, steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, garden peas, and roasted veg gravy, with some kinda nom cake for puddin.

Lots to choose from HFWs book over the weekend but I do really fancy the chakchouka with couscous for one meal

garlic bread (reduced) and either ham or cold turkey (also reduced).

Lamb rump with a sweet honey roast parsnip, rosemary and breadcrumb crust (M&S courtesy of my lovely mum :)), with steamed new pots and veg.
Ice cream for pud - a choice of vanilla or mint choc chip (both home made - I love my new ice cream machine).
I thought a nice tea was in order as it's the first weekend of 'no booze January' and we both normally look forward to a drink or two on a Friday.

ffs Sheo I nearly spat out my tea...:mad:...I went :eek: at the cream but then thought :hmm: and really thought it's :eek::eek: at the chips...:D

Tonight I'm having mrs frans puy lentil lasagne with oven chips ( a classic combination)

It's gonna be ACE! :cool: :mad:

Tbh, on my menu plan :cool: I had boiled new potatoes down but since me and the boy ended up having some last night - and since the small girl doesn't actually like them :facepalm: I'm doing chips instead. And mopping up the sauce with the chips will be GOOD, moonsi! YOU HEAR ME! :p

Dwarf beans will be the other veg - and instead of the doughnuts, I got three teeny Gu mango and passion fruit cheesecakes for our Friday treat (and likewise, Boatie - re the first sober Friday - so needing treats). :D

the athletes in iceland seem to have no trouble struggling with bags. i saw an elderly man in the nike team swaggering out nonchalantly with 8 2-litre bottles of coke

Are you not weeping into your dinner plate OU? Iceland :(
Nah, got loads of basic stuff that's a right bargain. The fried chicken is just to satisfy a craving for fattycrunch. The rest is beans, butter, milk, cheese etc. :) I've not gone over to the other side quite yet.

Dinner is very late due to being at the flicks. Cheese sauce on the hob now. Thank god for Subways nachos that we smuggled into the film.

Moussaka, made by the lady who makes Moussaka for local businesses and who lives on my estate as a birthday tea for the lodger. Bloody lovely. Plus Pip brought round a Tarte Tatin for afters :)

Slightly weird one, today :D

Going ice skating late arvo and won't be back till late-ish (well late to start cooking a big meal anyway) so we're having a big late lunch of tandoori chicken thighs, potato/courgette/feta cakes and dwarf beans.

Will do some scrambled eggs on toast when we get in.

Back
Top Bottom