Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Took some chinese slow cooked pork and mushrooms out of the freezer, so that with rice, broc and sugarsnap peas.

Banana ice cream milkshake for afters for them - grapes for me and maybe a fuckin biscuit, why not! :mad: :cool:

Unsure. Have cheap pollock fillets and a random mix of veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, peas, sweet potatoes.) Maybe stir fry with loads of garlic. Might just stick them all in a roasting tin and see what happens.

Defrosted some chicken wings last night. So them i guess. And some rice and left over veg. Dont really feel like it.

Nigella's lamb and date tagine was ok. I wasn't keen on the dates - they went a bit too soft but the sauce was ncie and the lamb was outstanding :cool:

Last night I managed to get home from work in time to make a winter veg stew with loads of barley in it and some veggie sausages.

Tonight, we're going to have our first ever pizza delivery as Dominos have sent us every kind of voucher you can imagine, and we're curious.

Your first pizza delivery, ever, moose?! I hope it is everything you dream of!

I have lost all tea inspiration. I guess we'll have half a salmon fillet each with some stir-fried veggies and brown rice. Feels stupid cooking my own stir-fry when I live in China though.

Ooo let me know how that is will you? Looked fucking lush in the book
just realised I only posted my response to this in a different thread yesterday :facepalm:

anyway, the Vegeree was pretty good and a super quick mid-week meal. I think it would have been nicer with basmati rice (as per the recipe). I only had some quick cook rice and don't think it was the best choice. the fella gave it the thumbs up so it's a winner. summary - nice but not stunning; very very easy (although not quick in terms of total time as it involves roasting, but very quick in terms of time actually doing something).

My daughter's off to a friends so we're making the most of her absence and having steamed salmon fillets and boiled new potatoes - with mayo for dipping fish/spuds into :cool: - broccoli and sugar snap peas. My son will be cooking while I oversee. :cool:

The last two mince pies for pudding, warmed, with a small dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom