Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm not feeling well....my head is all bunged up so I will probably make a simple red lentil & chick pea soup and be heavy with the chillies.

We're having Bird's Eye Southern style fillet burgers, slapped between two slices of white bread with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo (we made them when we were youth hosteling this summer and thought they were just like a KFC fillet burger :D but loads cheaper :p so it's a *back to school* treat for my boy - daughter has an inset day - on this grim, grim day :cool: ).....

My daughter and I just....finally :facepalm: ....got around to opening the decorate-it-yourself gingerbread house (the type you get in Lidl/Aldi etc but one of the cheaper ones) that my bezzer gave her before Christmas (tbf, they were mostly at their dad's for a couple of weeks before, so although we had time to MAKE it, they wouldn't have been here long enough to EAT it, too :D )....unfortunately, it had broken into bits and although we tried to patch it up with the caramel you make to stick it all together, the further we got into the box the more crumbled bits we found :mad: so in the end I just dribbled a load of caramel over the bits and she's decorated them with icing pens, so they can have some of that for pudding.

I will have a satsuma. :D ;)

Chicken and lentil curry I think. Undecided re rice v naan bread, but will defo have leftover sag aloo from our takeaway last week that's still in the fridge :facepalm:

I've just found the chorizo I accidentally nicked from M&S so I think I'll make chorizo and chickpea stew.

I made a thai green curry last night, and bought an apple crumble (and custard) to share. All of the curry got eaten by lunchtime today (about 5 portions worth between 2 people), but we only tucked into a tiny bit of the crumble. Need to find something small and savoury to start (maybe the potato cakes I also bought), then I'll finish off the crumble.

Not sure. It will be either beef stew with dumplings, cheeseburger pizza, macaroni cheese or beef lasagne, each bought from iceland for a pound. It's gonna be a dour, depressing week #austerityteas

Crinkle cut oven chips, mushy peas, egg. Possibly with a satsuma or two later.

a large plate of stir fried vegetables to compensate for demolishing all the left over biscuits and chocolates at work for lunch

We are off out to the cinema so will be stopping at Noodle Nation on the way. Not my favourite place to eat as I always find the food un-satisfying but Mr.QofG's likes it.

My BF made the soup last night and it was not as nice as how I make it...or it could be this lurgy has shot my taste buds?....Tonight it's a Linda McCartney farmhouse pie from the freezer plus either mash (winning) or roasties plus plenty of yet to be bought veggies & gravy.

Am attempting to fill the freezer before I go back to work to try and stop takeaways when we get back from work late, so after yesterday's mahoosive chicken and lentil curry, today I will make a mahoosive veggie chilli :)

Back
Top Bottom