Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

venison korma, vegetable samosas, tamarind chutney, lemon pickle, basmati rice, and bombay potatoes

am gonna try* and make a batch of pizza bases and other bready things to see us through Hoggers and New Years day... so pizza tonight! huzzah!

*providing the prosecco consumed during the making of doesn't mean it's a total flop!

The lads left the tail-end of the chorizo, bell pepper, tomato, black eye bean and sweetcorn stew (minus any chorizo) that I left them while I was at my daughter's eating fish pie, so I added pork mince and LOADS of chopped onions and a tin of tomato puree. The excess liquid was other half's lunch as soup with some granary bread. The rest went into a nice dish my son gave me for the likes of lasagne and cottage pie and has been topped with a swede and carrot mash. Next up will be the stale end of an M&S Mediterranean loaf with olives and stuff in it, bashed into breadcrumbs with a rolling pin and then grated cheese.

edited to add...
It looks and smells lovely and will be ready in time for Death Metal Magpie & Very Tall Lodger to eat before they do a very long shift as barmen on the busiest night of the year...I haven't decided what veg to serve with it though...

Tonight is a full-on New Years day extravaganza. I'm just roasting a lush bit of beef for Beef Wellington and we're having it with roast potatoes, roast parnsips, yorkshires, carrots and swede mashed together with loads of black pepper, brussels sprouts grated and fried with bacon, onion and roasted chestnuts and a gravy made with cranberry sauce and port :cool:

Healthy eating can wait a couple of days :D

God knows....ahve got a really odd assortment of food left. Probabaly potato, pea and carrot curry and rice. Just had a roast venison, stuffing, brussel sprout and gravy sandwich:D

Tonight is a full-on New Years day extravaganza. I'm just roasting a lush bit of beef for Beef Wellington and we're having it with roast potatoes, roast parnsips, yorkshires, carrots and swede mashed together with loads of black pepper, brussels sprouts grated and fried with bacon, onion and roasted chestnuts and a gravy made with cranberry sauce and port :cool:

Healthy eating can wait a couple of days :D

Room for a spare at the table? ;)

We're making a start on our healthy eating today (although I'd really, REALLY like your dinner, madz! :D )....I gave them a choice of chicken/broc/mushrooms in a chinese style sauce with rice, or veg soup and some 'healthy eating garlic bread' :D and they went for the soup - so have used the last of the shallots, celery, parsnip and broccoli and also some carrots (although they've barely made a dent out of the HUGE bag of them I bought by accident :facepalm: ) and then added a massive bunch of flatleaf parsley before blending it.

Lemon and raisin drop scones for pudding, toasted, with a knob of butter.

I'm trying to do my food plan for the next week too - but am really struggling to think of *anything* :confused:
It's like my brain has just been overwhelmed by the onslaught of Christmassy food stuffs and Ieft me literally incapable of imagining a normal meal. :D

Beef and ale casserole with shitloads of carrots, shallots etc in it. It's just gone on and smells gorgeous. I'll chuck some mushrooms in later on.

We have new potatoes to use up so those roasted with broccoli and green beans.

I hope I'm hungry as I've binged on Ben and Jerrys and leftover pizza today. : o

microwaved spuds, hummous and salad - which turned out to have celery in it. :p
The raw onion is proving a bit much too - so the rest will get stir-fried - I'm OK with celery in a nut roast or soup .. we'll see what it's like fried.

Part of a baguette, chinese leaf, grated cheeses, maybe the rest of the bacon, satsuma.

Roast pork with red current chutney, 'nutmeg-y' buttered cauliflower, rice, green salad. Spiced tea and store-bought kataifi for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom