Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Shepherds pie or keema mutter curry for me!

We will either have Squash, Coconut and Chilli soup or Spiced Turkey Mince with potatoes and peas. Depends which i can be arsed to make!
I just had a google and it came up with mrs frans Keema Mutter recipe! I'm torn between that and shepherds pie. I'll see how much time I have when it comes to cooking!

Made a ribsticking leek and potato soup yesterday, so having some of that for me lunch today.

Tonight's tea will be pesto fusilli, with black olives (I bought a fuck off big jar of them cos we run out so fast), sundried toms, and a slathering of parmesan.

Am kinda hankering after some kind of appley whipped cream pudding...

Mmmmm, shepherds pie.
I had some fantastic cottage pie on Saturday night, cooked by Mr Lizzieloo.
I think it was a Delia recipe, I'll have to check with him because it's definitely worth cooking.

Tonight I am meeting some mates after work for a quick bite to eat.
I really fancy something n chips.

This is delicious.

In a big pan...

Garlic lightly fried (always a good start), followed by diced potato, carrot, trunip, parsnip, mushrooms, sliced celery and spring onion. Few strips of smokey bacon. Fried on a low heat for 30 minutes with lots of black pepper and paprika.

Hald a mug of cold water, lid covered and simmered for another 15 minutes.

Cream and blue cheese added after the heat has been turned off. Cover with lid and wait another 10 minutes. Stir and serve.

Fuck! It is good winter food. I'm eating with a bottle of Rioja of course.

Chicken and macaroni stew - chicken thighs cooked down with tomatoes, water, thyme and plenty of onions basically. Much better comfort food than it sounds.

Chilli con carne, sort of. Pan of rice, pan of pork mince with black eye beans, garlic, tomatoes sweetcorn and chipotle chillies. The lads are out working till the small hours and it's easy to just dish up and microwave when they get in.

The Heidi Pie we should have had yesterday if we weren't busy eating pie elsewhere. With crushed spuds and Chantenay carrots.

Chilli con carne, sort of. Pan of rice, pan of pork mince with black eye beans, garlic, tomatoes sweetcorn and chipotle chillies. The lads are out working till the small hours and it's easy to just dish up and microwave when they get in.
over here no one puts rice in their chili

Back
Top Bottom