Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It was going to be macaroni cheese with bacon but I stupidly forgot to check if we had any macaroni. I've even been to bloody sainsbury.

So if they have any macaroni at the little tesco then that, if not who knows? Whatever they have got because there's not much here to have apart from biscuits or crimbo cake.

It was going to be macaroni cheese with bacon but I stupidly forgot to check if we had any macaroni. I've even been to bloody sainsbury.

So if they have any macaroni at the little tesco then that, if not who knows? Whatever they have got because there's not much here to have apart from biscuits or crimbo cake.

Crisis averted and macaroni obtained but I want everyone else's dinner.

I went for a nice sunday roast in Ealing - had roast beef, yorkshire pudding, carrots, tender stem broccoli, savoy cabbage, roast potatoes and gravyjuice. There was also some kind of pureee which might have been parsnip but im not sure.

We shared a pork and fennel (seed) sausage roll for the starter - that was really nice.

Then cocktails in Shepherds Bush, then we decided being out wasnt working and went home so I can have a reasonably houred bedtime!

I have a lovely fillet steak sitting in the fridge. Going to have it rare with new potatoes sautéed in garlic and thyme, broccoli and a mushroom type gravy.

£4.88 for the lamb shoulder!

That's a bargain, I paid £16 for one last week. It was the size of my head though.

Saturday went to a Harvester :hmm: down at the parents - had the sticky ribs. Their bbq sauce is a bit crap but the ribs were good.
Last night was (leftover) lamb & spinach curry.

Tonight our Antipodean visitors are back so I'll do a massive wild & shiitake mushroom, pea and mint risotto. Chocolate ice cream for pudding.

Oh, and I picked one of these up yesterday for £25

tefal-32cm-specifics-frypan.jpg

Our current large pan has warped due to one of my housemates constantly running it under cold water when it's hot :facepalm:

I've told them that if this one is damaged it shall be punishable by death.

OK maybe not but I think they got the message :D

Still trying to make room in the freezer so took out a packet of lamb mince. Not sure what to do with it though- burgers? Shepherds pie? Curry?

Oh, and I picked one of these up yesterday for £25

tefal-32cm-specifics-frypan.jpg

Our current large pan has warped due to one of my housemates constantly running it under cold water when it's hot :facepalm:

I've told them that if this one is damaged it shall be punishable by death.

OK maybe not but I think they got the message :D
I never knew that you weren't supposed to run cold water in hot pans

Still trying to make room in the freezer so took out a packet of lamb mince. Not sure what to do with it though- burgers? Shepherds pie? Curry?
Shepherds pie or keema mutter curry for me!

We will either have Squash, Coconut and Chilli soup or Spiced Turkey Mince with potatoes and peas. Depends which i can be arsed to make!

Back
Top Bottom