Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Ah, I thought I might've done... a thin base is so wrong.

If you can wait for it to set ;) and it's for an occasion, do some whipped cream with rum and squirt on top for extra, erm, heart clogging :D

We dined at the bro-in-law and wife's place-- her first attempt at rabbit, coq au vin style. It was okay, but sparse. We came home and I threw together some leftover curried tongue, pan-fried kale and rice. Finally sated, we're in the process of lassi-ing ourselves to a numbing euphoria that owes plenty to the liberal addition of rum.

Orange-glazed duck, either between rye & wheat rolls or with tiny jacket potatoes and ribboned savoy cabbage (10p each yesterday because of weather damage). Possibly followed by angel delight. With mugs of tea and fixed smiles all round.

Roast chicken and all the trimmings: roast potatoes, roast carrots, roast parsnips, steamed broccoli, sprouts and carrots, redcurrent sauce, much gravy.

I'm going to put a chicken in the slow cooker before we go out and we'll have it later with mash, gravy and as many veg as I can cram on the plate.

Fillet steak, chips, mushrooms, onion rings, grilled tomato, peas :cool:

Can. Not. Wait.

I've been craving red meat for a while now.

Seeing as yesterday my diet consisted mainly of dry roasted peanuts I think I should have a proper meal tonight. Festive pigs in jackets, mashed spuds, broccoli, carrots and onion gravy, I'm thinking.

Steakon sandwich with melted cheese divded over two toasted wholemeal buns, one with reggae reggae sauce and one without.:)

Yesterday was breaded, pan-fried loin chops; cheese tortellini with garlic scape pesto; escarole salad with a sun dried tomato vinaigrette. Figs, clementines, cab-sauv and gorgonzola for dessert.

Today is anyone's guess. We're attending some pre-year-end nuptuals in Niagara Falls this afternoon (to take advantage of the tax breaks, apparently). The place they've rented for the dinner and reception is fairly high end, and overnight guest rooms are provided, so I'm hoping for the best (fingers crossed).

roast pork. with cider and with stuffing and roast potatoes and parsnips and carrots and maybe cabbage and courgettes and nom.

Back
Top Bottom