Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A lounge picnic of oat cakes, bread rolls, corn thins, pate and cheese (which the boy has just dropped on the carpet :face palm: ) rum chocolates and boozy mince pies.

Easy tea of Toulouse sausages, mash and some other sort of veg with gravy so that I can concentrate on making mince pies and the next batch of sausage rolls. My last sausage rolls were a bit posh - Toulouse sausages, mushroom ketchup, herbs and Worcestershire sauce. Nice, but didn't satisfy my craving for crappy junk food style sausage rolls, so these will just be plain sausage meat with a little seasoning.

Not sure yet. Have loads of food but dunno what to make. This is the problem with having lots of food - too difficult to make a decision

I have taken something out of the freezer but I'm not sure what it is (I really need to start labelling things properly :facepalm:)
It's tomato based so could be sausage casserole, bolognaise sauce, or just plain tomato sauce.

ooh, did you get your shop done? :cool:
Yes - I fucking had to go cos daughter's 'ill' :mad: Several people in Merseyside narrowly escaped death by fist.

I am so tired now, after also having to go into FUCKING St Helens to get the Ma-in-law's pressies (cos fella left it til last minute...breaathhhhe), that all I feel like doing is ordering a takeaway :(

I've been cooking all day and just realised I've completely neglected to get/do anything for dinner tonight. I've been making the jus for Christmas dinner instead! Ingredients roasted, very slowly simmered all day, and am now reducing it to a demi-glace :cool:

Perhaps we'll have egg fried rice for dinner or something. I dunno.

Change of plan - Santino managed to get an ENTIRE SIDE OF SALMON for a FIVER from M & S :cool: So it's that baked in foil with new pots and greens. There's really a lot of salmon.

that reminds me, morrisons are doing whole salmons for half price at the moment. my mum picked one up for £6.50 earlier today.

hope that's of interest to any other salmon fans on the boards :)

we had baked potatoes with tuna mayo but as I had to administer to the baby at the precise moment the tuna mayo / butter was put on the potatoes I ended up with rations courtesy of the boy who thinks you must punish yourself with homeopathic amounts of fat :(

I'm due for 'the big shop' tomorrow & been away for 5 days so it's a cheese n onion cob with curly fries & onion rings. Plus vodka & diet coke*

*note to self: be sensible due to 'big shop' tomorrow'....:D

dominos pizza- thin crust, extra cheese, bacon, chicken and onion. a whole large one just for me :D

mr feyr and all the kids are in Wales at their grandparents, so i am home alone until tmw when i am heading to my sisters, where mr feyr and the kids are going to meet me. i finished work today until new years eve and i have no food in the house so it was the perfect excuse :D

Back
Top Bottom