Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've got a small amount of chicken curry left over from last night, so will have that shortly.

The rest depends on whether I can get the freezer open (I am having freezer issues due to it being too iced up, should have defrosted it a while back!), if I can I am going to salvage my other Morrison's cheese and onion quiche - I had the other one a couple of nights ago and it was delicious - and have it with some Greek salad.

If I can't get the freezer open I am going to have to turn it off until the ice holding the door shut melts enough for me to open the door and then see what I can salvage to defrost in the fridge overnight//tomorrow, in which case I might end up eating Greek salad and a packet of noodles or something from the cupboard tonight. And quiche with a fuck of a lot of chicken and sausages tomorrow :hmm:

I am in a bit of a panic defrosting the freezer (due to it going over-iced and it couldn't be put off any more, there was some glacier action going on) and salvaging stuff.

We seem to have about 20 sausages, 4 tuna steaks, and a salmon steak - I think we need to prioritise the fish to cook and eat as that is the most expensive stuff.

So I think there is going to be tuna for breakfast and for tea

Yesterday was veggie curry, rice and poppadoms for me and the Magoo, lamb tagine, cous cous, flat breads for himself.

Tonight a chicken Thai yellow curry from a reduced kit thingy I got yesterday. And veggie sausages and alphabites and brocoli for Magoo.

Epona when you do a defrost, you can keep most of it frozen by wrapping it in old towels or newspaper and popping it in your bath or the sink in your bathroom That way you don't have to eat everything in a oner.
Yeah I know but our flat is fucking boiling, I can salvage most of it however - like the massive bag of quorn mince I have cooked up with onions, garlic, tomato - that can be refrozen as a base for veggie chilli or bolognese. I have some chicken defrosting in the fridge which I will cook later. Most stuff has been salvaged thankfully!

I actually cooked fried eggs, mushrooms, veggie sausages, chips for OH but didn't eat anything myself last night (the only thing defrosted enough from the freezer situation was the veggie sausages). So I am now very hungry.

Also a mouse snacked on one of the pork sausages I had put in a bowl on the counter for a few minutes. :(

I've got some pork mince in the fridge for tonight that I've some apathy for. I normally like it, quick and takes flavours well. Probably some Szechuan pepper, chilli, gochujang, loads of garlic and soy sauce with rice.

The night before last felt pretty flat and ended up deep-frying bits of pork in sticking them in a spicy sauce to cheer me up. Last night still wasn't feeling it, I drove to two chippies and they were both shut, so fried frozen chips and had chilli from the freezer.

I will cook it tonight. And should probably do something healthy like kale on the side.

The chicken I defrosted last night wasn’t defrosted when I came to cook so that with something else
I was working till 7pm so made a cheats chicken curry, browned the chicken with 2 onions, added a tin of vegetable curry for the last 5 minutes.

Much nicer than anything I could cook and required minimal chopping and cooking. A bit hungry as had skipped other meals today.

Back
Top Bottom