Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Bangers and mash at a friends house. I’ve asked for it to be served like a hedgehog if possible
I can report it wasn’t served like a hedgehog, I was invited to fashion it into one myself, but as I had peas, green beans and gravy to contend with as well felt the sculpture beyond me. Was lush. Nice to eat a homecooked meal not cooked by me!

Cherry bakewell thing (Charlie brigham one I think) with custard

I have two 200g Black Angus burgers lined up. I'll probably do only one, it'll have cheese, maybe cheddar, onion, the full works, including an egg, but I'll skip the bun. I'll cook it rare and when almost done I'll put a lid on to sweat the onion a little, and to melt the cheese. Unfortunately I forgot to get smoked bacon! And I've only just realised. Shops are closed here on Sundays.

Today - sticky rice with prawns/soy quorn fillets, carrot, red pepper, beansprouts, spring onion, cucumber, avo, beetroot and kimchi, mayo, soy and wasabi.
We are having this again but with frankfurters instead of prawns.
Strawberries and cookie dough ice cream (my daughter's choice - I'm not keen :D but will inevitably have a little bit just so I can loudly complain about it again :thumbs: ).

I think I'm going to have cheese & onion quiche* and Greek salad. May or may not have chips depending how hungry I feel.

(quiche is shop bought off reduced to clear shelf a couple of weeks ago and put in the freezer for when I didn't feel like cooking, I can be a bit fussy about quiche but I've had the Morrison's individual ones before and enjoyed them, so am quite looking forward to it)

I think I'm going to have cheese & onion quiche* and Greek salad. May or may not have chips depending how hungry I feel.

(quiche is shop bought off reduced to clear shelf a couple of weeks ago and put in the freezer for when I didn't feel like cooking, I can be a bit fussy about quiche but I've had the Morrison's individual ones before and enjoyed them, so am quite looking forward to it)
I like a quiche , there was one cook in one of the bars who used to make them and put them in the fridge cabinet to sell. She made prawn ones, tuna and spinach ones and ham and cheese , Loved them but she’s moved in now unfortunately.

Not sure about tonight. Nothing in fridge and Sainsbury’s delivery doesn’t come till between 9 and 10pm so probably a tin of something.

Back
Top Bottom