Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Well we went out for a drink and didn't get back til late, I have leftover sichuan style chicken and some noodles left over from yesterday but OH can't eat that (pescetarian) so I am making him a jambalaya style rice thing involving prawns and some chopped up plant pioneer chorizo shroomdogs - which I have to say smell absolutely amazing as they are cooking.

He said it was too spicy which is not something I thought I'd ever hear him say.

(Not just the chorizo shroomdogs, there was a whole shitload of chillies and other spices in there)

Worried that I might have broken him. I did taste some while I was cooking it though and it didn't seem hotter than other spicy food that he eats.

Has wok, doesn't have sichuan pepper = does not compute

throws hands up in horror :D
I don’t think I’ve even heard of it. I will add it to my delivery for Monday.

I will probably use some of the sauces languishing in the fridge, and I think I have paprika, smoked paprika, crushed chillis and some other stuff lurking about.

I don’t have any “indian” spices as I’ve stopped cooking curries.

I don’t think I’ve even heard of it. I will add it to my delivery for Monday.

I will probably use some of the sauces languishing in the fridge, and I think I have paprika, smoked paprika, crushed chillis and some other stuff lurking about.

I don’t have any “indian” spices as I’ve stopped cooking curries.

Oh god do get some, you're in for a treat - dry fry it whole for a minute just so you can smell it is heating up, then grind in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder (or between 2 spoons if you have neither) and add it in - it's not a real peppercorn, it's little buds off some tree/shrub and in the right quantities it makes your face go slightly numb (which is a desirable thing in this case, as it tastes fucking lush)

You only want a little bit per portion, don't go chucking in a couple of tablespoons of it or anything daft - half a teaspoon of the whole spice then toast it in a pan and grind it/smash it up a bit and you're good to go.

Bangladeshi curry (at my best guess its bang curry and I'm fairly ignorant about the specific differences of curry). Naga bang tonight, not eaten all day and worked out like crazy, passed a professional exam and need something after my third relative got covid whilst mostly sheltering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom