Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

FEB for me! I was originally going to have it this morning when I did an FVB - Full Veggie Breakfast (Richmond meat free sausages, Quorn bacon-style slices, fried mushrooms, fried eggs, baked beans, buttered toast) - for OH after his night shift, but I find it difficult to summon that much of an appetite when I first wake up so decided to save mine until later.

FEB for me! I was originally going to have it this morning when I did an FVB - Full Veggie Breakfast (Richmond meat free sausages, Quorn bacon-style slices, fried mushrooms, fried eggs, baked beans, buttered toast) - for OH after his night shift, but I find it difficult to summon that much of an appetite when I first wake up so decided to save mine until later.
So it's a FET or FED, and not a FEB ;)

Yesterday was homemade Swedish meatballs, new potatoes and sugar snaps for me and my boy. Daughter had the rest of her peanut stew and rice, which she was too full and too tired to manage on Monday (sounded like they just grazed their way around London, more than anything else :D ).

They're both out for dinner today, so I am going to have BONTO with cheese! :cool:
My daughter wrote on the menu planner 'Sad, single woman dinner' for today :D so my son has taken (unnecessary) pity on me and says he's going to bring me back some duck, for seconds. :thumbs:

Yesterday was homemade Swedish meatballs, new potatoes and sugar snaps for me and my boy. Daughter had the rest of her peanut stew and rice, which she was too full and too tired to manage on Monday (sounded like they just grazed their way around London, more than anything else :D ).

They're both out for dinner today, so I am going to have BONTO with cheese! :cool:
My daughter wrote on the menu planner 'Sad, single woman dinner' for today :D so my son has taken (unnecessary) pity on me and says he's going to bring me back some duck, for seconds. :thumbs:

:hmm: :confused:

Be sure to update the relevant thread with this

Farmers market chickpea korma, microwave quinoa and courgettes. Couldn't be bothered to add garlic to the courgettes. Wrangling garlic is the worst one handed.

You need a tube or a frozen pack of minced garlic, no need for you to go without! Hope your arm is healing ok.

I have frozen chopped garlic but I want to use my own home grown!

Completely get that! Handy reminder for me too to check the bulbs I have hung up in the cupboard to dry (parents gave them to me a couple of weeks ago straight out of the ground!)

Summery tea of baguettes, cold chicken, cheeses and salads plus these bad boy sweet rolls that I made this afternoon whilst on a conference call. They're filled with blackberry jam made from the early berries in my garden and smothered in cream cheese frosting. Enough for breakfast too :cool:View attachment 282102
Holy fucking shit Zorra where do you live, these look amazing!!

Emptying the freezer for a defrost, cos even though we've got a self-defrosting fucking freezer, one of the drawers wasn't shut properly before we went on holiday and a massive block of ice built up behind it :mad:

SO - it's foraged spinach and black bean curry the neet, with basmati, tiny onion bhajis and veg samosas, and spicy naans.

Co op's amazing choc sponge cake for afters. No one else does a choc cake quite like the Co op, everywhere else's is too stodgy, or not enough filling.

We really need a regular "What Shall I Cook?" thread for when inspiration is lacking.

I mean this thread is great for getting ideas about things to buy on the next shopping trip to cook in a few days time, but thinking about steak, salad and chips is no help to me right now when I have none of those things :D (God I want it though)

In other words, I haven't decided yet. I bought mushrooms and cream earlier so I may do a mushroom and cream pasta which is usually nice.

(If I had steak, salad and chips I could make a mushroom sauce to go with it - see all I can think about now is steak :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom