Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I did something similar a week or two back, just in the oven with onions, garlic, chorizo, the orzo at the bottom sitting in enough stock to cook it and create a little sauce with chicken legs on top with their skin out of the stock so the skin crisps up and baked it in the oven until the chicken was cooked through - was very yummy. Will add olives next time, good suggestion.
Orzo cooked cooled and then fried with some lightly steamed asparagus is a form favourite here

I’ve been camping this weekend so Friday night was bbq stuff. Sausages, ribs, burgers and a nod to salad.
Last night we collected Dominos in town because it was blazing hot and no-one wanted to shop and then cook in a campervan.
I’m home now and despite having a massive pub lunch of brisket roll, chips and onion rings, we’ve just ordered Chinese.
Mushroom curry and rice for me, pork in black bean for Mr Looby. Thought I should be nice as he’s been joke gardening and doing housework while I’ve been swanning around.

Some mushroom tortelloni from the freezer, panic bought from Lidl in Penge on the eve of lockdown #1. It was pretty much the only thing left in the chiller cabinet, probably because it was imported from Italy.

With kale, mushrooms, garlic and lashings of parmesan.

Last edited:
I got a chicken leg out of the freezer last night not sure what I wanted to do with it (but aware that I had to get something out of the freezer to eat!), but I have no fresh veg other than onions and garlic so am at a bit of a loss. I am sure something will come to me. It's going to be a bit beige, but I have a ton of herbs and spices.

EDIT: Oh I know, I do have orzo, chorizo, and olives and was discussing just such things on this thread, that should sort a decent meal no worries.

That sounds nice - is it shop-bought or home made? If the latter could you post the recipe?

Decided to have some dry organic bran sticks for health too, washed down with water. Only 38.6g fibre per 100g so will keep me healthy.
Homemade. Rough recipe:

Cup of gramflour (or wholewheat if you don't have it)
tbls of cumin seed
tsp of hot curry powder
tsp of corriander powder
bit of salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
(I also added a tbls of milled flaxseed in an effort to be healthier)

beat all that lot together, then add:
1/2 finely chopped onion
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
As much sweetcorn as you fancy (Maybe 2/3rds of a cupful)
Some chopped chilli if you like it hot

Dollup tbls of it into a frying pan and shallow fry for 5 or so minutes each side, til they're a colour you like.

Those bransticks will counteract the 6 eggs

Back
Top Bottom