Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Vaguely Vietnamese rice noodle salad with fried tofu.

The sauce was a bit thrown together. I can't remember what I used to put in it but it wasn't that.

I made fish cakes last night and have loads of the mixture left. Any suggestions as to what I can do with it apart from fish cakes? 😆 a sort of bake thing?

Not sure tonight...I really fancy something like ratatouille or shakshuka, so maybe one of those. Although will need to supply a separate meal for the children of course :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the justifiable outrage on my behalf :D In fact I did get away with making only one meal: baked cod, rice, broccoli, and a delicious side of fennel and spinach braised with white wine and garlic, which of course the children refused to touch.

My sweet potatoes had gone a bit funny so I chucked them.

It ended up being gnocchi, tomato, red pepper and mozzarella bake, care of a BBC recipe I bookmarked last week. It was really nice. I will make it again as I have 3 more packs of gnocchi to use up.

I never ate stuff like that as a kid as my dad doesn’t like cheese or tomatoes, so it still doesn’t feel like a natural thing to cook :rolleyes: Yet oddly we went on holiday to Italy 3 times as a kid :confused::D

My sweet potatoes had gone a bit funny so I chucked them.

It ended up being gnocchi, tomato, red pepper and mozzarella bake, care of a BBC recipe I bookmarked last week. It was really nice. I will make it again as I have 3 more packs of gnocchi to use up.

I never ate stuff like that as a kid as my dad doesn’t like cheese or tomatoes, so it still doesn’t feel like a natural thing to cook :rolleyes: Yet oddly we went on holiday to Italy 3 times as a kid :confused::D
My dad actually WAS half Italian and loathed garlic.

Back
Top Bottom