Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Made an invented rice effort with all manner of veg and spices with some chicken and prawns. Might be a nearly jambalaya. Or a pretend paella. It was good, whatever we're calling it.

Made up rice dishes are some of my favourite meals - it is how all the "classic" rice based dishes started out, after all :D

Squash baked with spicy tomatoey quinoa and an egg inside and cheese on top. Chard and shiitake mushrooms fried with garlic.

In keeping with my new dietary regime, a significantly smaller than usual bowl of stew.
If nothing else it will mean less shopping and save money.

small dinner.jpg

Spaghetti tossed in garlic/chilli/olive oil, with black olives and sundried toms and a fuckton of parmesan on top.

Lemon drizzle cake (which turned out way better than I thought it would) and a decaff tea for afters.

Got a big pack of reduced to clear pork chops today, well chuffed! Some will go in the freezer but tonight's tea is sorted!

Pork chop, thick chips, mushrooms, peas
OH will have a tuna steak with the same sides

Last night we had mince and onions, tatties and cabbage :cool:

Tonight we're having spag bol made using the remains of the mince and onions and bunging in some herbs, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Peanut satay tofu with rice and shredded brussels sprouts from the recipe box. It was nice, but every time there's a tofu meal I basically get scrambled tofu as I seemingly cannot cook it whole. It's allegedly extra firm too.

Back
Top Bottom