Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

One of the meals I had planned with some of the ingredients of my veg box:
Kale and paneer curry and spicy Jerusalem artichokes, with rice. Surpassed myself, if I say so myself. 😄 My curries often end up a bit lame/generic-y, but these were wonderful and perfectly complimenting each other.

Cup of tea and a small pot of cheapo supermarket chocolate mousse for afters.

Chicken fajitas, double carbs of both rice and wraps, disappointing spinach and black bean thing, cheese. Supposed to be accompanied by avocado/guacamole and sour cream but have accidentally eaten both as we are in the house all the fecking time and fridge raiding apparently our only hobby.

We got both this week too :D We have a massive box of Jerusalem artichokes in the shed from the garden we’re already not eating :facepalm:

Yeah I can see how that could get old, quickly. :D It was my first time ever receiving them in a veg box, or indeed preparing or eating them, so on this occasion didn't feel too hard done by. Awaiting with trepidation how well I'll be able to digest them...in fact, it was the research around that that made me hit on the recipe for the spiced ones. Asafoetida and cumin are supposed to help in that regard...
Used this recipe Spiced Jerusalem Artichokes | Hari Ghotra, and it was very nice, but I would struggle with a shedful...

Good luck zora, I actually can't eat Jerusalem artichokes as the farting is just too uncontrollably much.

My dinner tonight is a disappointingly bland home made pizza, broccoli and green beans on the side (moonsi til ), washed down with a glass of red and preceded with a Nurofen Plus.

Back
Top Bottom