Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My pork chop was massive and lovely - I seasoned it and let it come to room temperature then slashed and seared the rind/fat side first to render it, then seared each side, added some butter and sage leaves and deglazed the pan with red wine before popping it in the oven to finish it off, then let it rest - very very happy with the result, was delicious and tender - finishing it in the oven worked well as we are down to 2 hobs atm, that allowed me to fry other stuff.

So a nice bargain there from the reduced to clear shelf - pack of 4, the only issue was that the thickness of the chops was not even - 2 were really thick, 1 medium, and 1 looked like it could pass for thick sliced bacon - that would be a problem if you were wanting to cook for a family as the cooking times will be wildly different per chop! But as the only person in the house who eats meat that will be fine, the other thick one will be sear+bake like today, the other thinner 2 I may slice and use for stir fry/sweet & sour pork type dishes, that is fine by me!

Last night was bass fillets with a tomato salad. Tonight will be a tagine which we prepared last night. We have to be out for bureaucratic appointments, hopefully one step closer to citizenship, so wanted something that will just need reheating when we get back. There'll not be time for a midday meal.

We had sausages (thick pork for me, richmond veggie for him), mustard mash, steamed broccoli, onion and red wine gravy.

It all went down well except the gravy which I loved but OH was suspicious of it because it wasn't bisto. One of these days he is going to end up wearing his dinner! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom