Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Any chance of sharing the recipe? I'm open to trying something different than our usual ones!
Here you go Epona :) I use black beans cos I didn't have chickpeas in one night, and it was a beautiful accident :) I never use chickpeas now.

Here you go Epona :) I use black beans cos I didn't have chickpeas in one night, and it was a beautiful accident :) I never use chickpeas now.

That looks fantastic, thank you! Yeah we prefer other pulses to chickpeas (except in hummus) so will probably substitute when I do it :)

I wanted chippy chips but we had food to use so had baked sweet potato with black beans , sweetcorn & tomato with mashed avocado & spring onion. It needed jalapeños but was tasty.

Attachments

• 096AF16B-0249-46D5-8602-F42B1065D111.jpeg
    096AF16B-0249-46D5-8602-F42B1065D111.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 5
We've hit the motherlode of tomatoes - will make chilli tonight which will use some of them, the rest will be made into hot sauce tomorrow.

EDIT: There might be a change of plan, could make a puttanesca with either linguine or taglietelle. Am completely undecided.

Last edited:
New "Hara hachi bun me" regime so my stew is going to last 4 days instead of 3.

It started on Thursday with 750g of carrots, 500g of salad spuds, 500g sprouts, 350g of mushrooms, red pepper. Served with plain tahini

Friday I added a can of butter beans I forgot on day one - served with hummus.

Today I added half a bag of spinach and a single veggie sausage, served with tahini.

Tomorrow will be more of the same.

I will hold out as long as I can and see if I can resist the banana/ jumbo oat dessert.

Back
Top Bottom