Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Suffering lack of inspiration regarding a chicken breast - I know I want roast spuds and steamed broccoli, OH wants a tuna steak with his. I think I might wrap the chicken in bacon and bake it, maybe cut into it and stick a wadge of garlic butter in it.

Stay away from spaghetti. Big boiling pan of water not the greatest idea ;)

If you must have spaghetti when drunk, best way is to cook it then hoik it out of the pan with tongs and put it straight into whatever sauce/pesto/butter/cheese thing you're doing to it and mix it around, no trying to tip a pan of boiling water to drain it that way (and the starchy water that comes off the pasta is only going to improve the sauce part) :thumbs:

In the end I did my chicken breast with some garlic butter stuffed into it and wrapped in bacon - it was OK, it wasn't dry, would eat again. I honestly prefer a whole roast chicken, it is fairly economical as it does for several meals, but with all OH's shifts cancelled and no work lined up for next week, it wasn't the time to go out and buy things as the freezer is full so we can rely on things we already have to hand for a bit. So not my number one choice, but it was enjoyable enough. The roasties were epic and I have enough potatoes left over to make chips tonight or Sunday.

More tsebhi birsen/basmati/sour cream tonight. Can't be arsed cooking anything else, plus it's gorgeous. Winner.

Ben and Jerry's chocolate cherry garcia for afters.

A pack of mushroom tortellini that I had forgotten was in the fridge and is thankfully still ok, I'm making a puttanesca sauce to go with it and some garlic bread :)

Back
Top Bottom