Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night I did chicken cacciatore for me and an adapted pescetarian version involving prawns and a bit of cream for OH - served with penne and crusty bread

We have ended up with a load of salmon and I have some defrosted chicken in the fridge that needs to be used tonight as well as a load of veg, so am doing teriyaki salmon for him (and plainly baking in foil the rest of the salmon to be had cold in sarnies over the next couple of days) and a chicken stir fry for me. Will also do stir fry veggies and egg fried rice.

Last night was veg gumbo with brown rice , gumbo car from a friend who is now my neighbour.

Tonight will be a reduced ready meal from Sainsbury’s- Plant Pioneer range of sausages in onion gravy with mashed potatoes & will add veg maybe red cabbage as I love that now.

Tell me more about this please!

It's easy peasy - just takes a couple of minutes!

Make a batter with
1cup self raising flour
1/3 cup sugar
2tblsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
Zest of one lemon
Pour into a buttered pudding dish.

Make a sauce of
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
Zest of another lemon

Pour the sauce onto the top of the batter. You'll feel like it's too much and it's stupid to pour lemony biking water onto cake mix. But then you put it in a pre-heated oven on 180 for 25-30 minutes and it turns into a creates a thick sauce under the pudding. MAGIC :cool:

The trick is to leave it for 10 minutes after it comes out if the oven or it doesn't work. It's super easy and we make it often :thumbs:

It's easy peasy - just takes a couple of minutes!

Make a batter with
1cup self raising flour
1/3 cup sugar
2tblsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
Zest of one lemon
Pour into a buttered pudding dish.

Make a sauce of
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
Zest of another lemon

Pour the sauce onto the top of the batter. You'll feel like it's too much and it's stupid to pour lemony biking water onto cake mix. But then you put it in a pre-heated oven on 180 for 25-30 minutes and it turns into a creates a thick sauce under the pudding. MAGIC :cool:

The trick is to leave it for 10 minutes after it comes out if the oven or it doesn't work. It's super easy and we make it often :thumbs:
Thanks! That sounds amazing, and I can make it vegan with stuff I have in my fridge RIGHT NOW!! :D (or maybe tomorrow)

How big, roughly, is your dish?

Back
Top Bottom