Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I only ever use kidney and black beans, and refried to thicken. I bloody hate butter beans - way too thick for me.

I'm not with you there: I love butter beans!

I've just burned up another tin of pulses for tonight's sausage and bean casserole, which I've just put in the slow cooker.

Moussaka (lamb mince for me, quorn mince/carrot/red pepper for OH).
Leafy salad with baby cucumber and olives
The last of the granary bread
There may also be air-fried potato slices if it turns out I've sliced more potato than I need :D

Bit of a using up session. Mushrooms and potatoes done in the oven in an enamel casserole dish. There is something about this, I used to do it all the time. Forgot the garlic though. Roasted carrot batons with cumin seeds. Couple of Quorn fishless fingers and some mini veg sausage rolls (which didn't need using up, I just found them in the freezer and went "ooh!".

^ Ooh indeed!

We scoffed a pile of poppadoms with lime pickle, mango chutney and onion, then one of those 2-dish Charlie Bigham things - cauli and paneer curry and dahl. He had all the paneer because I can't stand the texture. Found room for a little blackberry tart.

Have some leftover "meat" (although in OH's version it was carrot, red peppers and tomatoes) sauce part from the moussaka that I made yesterday, will throw in some chillies and kidney beans and serve it with rice, should make a nice easy chilli

In the run up to Xmas, we bought a frozen 3 fish bake from Lidl as an emergency backup in case we were stuck for better fresh alternatives for the day itself - as it happened we got duck and fresh salmon (which were both lovely) so this has been sitting in the freezer since!

So tonight we will have:

3 fish bake
Roast potatoes
Steamed purple sprouting broccoli and carrots

I'm also going to make some ratatouille for the freezer due to an absolute glut of courgettes, I expect OH will want some with his meal.

Some sort of strawberry based cocktails

Chocolate truffles

Back
Top Bottom