Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I am cooking non Christmas food. Boneless chicken joint, new potatoes and a cherry tomato gratin.
I was really looking forward to some fresh ingredients and flavours but didn’t want to shock my system too much so dumped a load of breadcrumbs and olive oil on top. 😄

It was the way you lined your stomach with pie and a cup of tea before hitting the beers. :D
Yes, people go on about how beer makes you fat but I don't think it's the beer itself. It's the excess carbs we line our stomach with beforehand, and the fry-up it makes you crave the following morning!

Have smothered meself in super-strong ibuprofen gel and am necking fizzy paracetamol, so tonight will be the spirali cheese, with roast courgettes, vine toms and garlic.

Posh cheesecake with raspberries and blueberries for afters.

Corned beef hash. I want with an egg and he wants it with beans. We shall see who is victorious :hmm: Probably him tbf as he's cooking it :D

How do you feel tonight, Sugar Kane?

Stayed in bed most of the day. I phoned the GP surgery as I have a little bit of a cough. But the secretary said they were inundated with calls and that he would phone me back.
My temperature is normal though so that is good.

Thanks 🙂

Just will have to wait for the call back.

Stayed in bed most of the day. I phoned the GP surgery as I have a little bit of a cough. But the secretary said they were inundated with calls and that he would phone me back.
My temperature is normal though so that is good.

Thanks 🙂

Just will have to wait for the call back.
It's hard to tell at this time of year, isn't it. Still, even colds can make you feel like 10 kinds of shite. All you can really do is sleep it off, and just eat and drink when you feel like it. Get better soon!

We have more veg than I know what to do with, so I am going to make a beef and root veg stew for myself and a mushroom and assorted veg one for OH - both with guinness gravy.

Am intending this to use up a shed load of veg and keep us going for a few days (the salvage veg scenario, although extremely welcome, has got a bit out of hand tbh) - certainly one day's portion will be with served with rice and steamed tenderstem broccoli and cabbage and the addition of a couple of veggie sausages for OH. Another day's will be turned into pies (will add some stilton) and served with chips.

Back
Top Bottom