Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I bought a tray of pork, thyme and chestnut stuffing from M&S, and was planning to turn it into meatballs and make a sauce, etc.

However, I can't be bothered, and have decided just to bake it in its tray for 25 minutes.

My neighbour is coming down with the remnants of the spiced red cabbage, and I have found a gratin in the fridge which should have been eaten well before Xmas.

However, I am confident that we will not die of food poisoning.

Last edited:
Tonight we are going posh. Oven baked oysters in the shell, five spice prawns, deep fried quail legs, a selection of cheeses, and some white wine. It's left over stuff from xmas. It might last till new year, but I think it's better to eat it while the dates are still good, I'm not going to push it on oysters and prawns.

Gonna have a couple of healthy days between the Christmas and New Year weekends. Tonight, chicken in breadcrumbs with potatoes, broccoli and carrots.

Some curry from a batch I made a couple of days back - it's unexciting turkey mince keema- 70p mince from the tramps buffet so of course I had to buy some and make something with it. It's gonna be shit compared to the pilau that my neighbour just brought round (she made too much).

Gonna have a couple of healthy days between the Christmas and New Year weekends. Tonight, chicken in breadcrumbs with potatoes, broccoli and carrots.

My brother sent me a tin of Quality Street as a belated Christmas present, so I've had some of those today too. I have left the tin on the coffee table in the lounge though, so my housemates can share.

Tonight we are going posh. Oven baked oysters in the shell, five spice prawns, deep fried quail legs, a selection of cheeses, and some white wine. It's left over stuff from xmas. It might last till new year, but I think it's better to eat it while the dates are still good, I'm not going to push it on oysters and prawns.
Mrs D thought I meant quail eggs, not legs, but they were delicious.

The oysters are baking now.

And done
20201229_184036.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom