Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Monday is dhal day. Level up on the health.
With green beans and chapatis

Fricken love dahl. I've got about 4 different types on rotation plus variations. Sometimes cook at work for lunch. Unfortunately at home I've made a rod for my own back with tarka. My partner loves it so much she looks disappointed. I know technically a tarka is a blend of onions and spices added at the end but in this case its yellow split peas in the pressure cooker till they have no substance.

I was cooking something else tonight and realised i opened a tin of fava bean dahl from hodmadods that was bought for me and sat unloved, rather then the coconut milk. So I guess that's breakfast. :)

Cheese and tomato baguette, the bloke in the Sandwich van usually gives me BOGOF as my office is the last stop. Job done!

An amazing and very welcome lasagne left on my doorstep by a kind friend since I tested positive for COVID and am on day 6 of isolation :facepalm: Bored as fuck and running out if stuff to do with the kids other than bake so we've been living off weird freezer teas and recipes from the 'kids' Christmas baking book'

Aubergine/lemon risotto, pak choi. Cooked whilst slightly pissed after 3 stern cocktails.

Butterfly bun and a small piece of chocolate biscuit cake.

Nachos with sour cream, guacamole and cheese. The nachos were almost like crispbread and had some beetroot coloured ones. Not the most inspiring of meals but hey-ho, tonight takes me half way through the hotel stay.

Back
Top Bottom