Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Kipper kedgeree with green beans for me and my son, kimchi* fried rice, with Fry's 'chicken' strips for the girl.

Almond fingers and a bag of Revels for pudding (just the Malteasers and Minstrels for me, obvs - my daughter is the filthy one :( ).

*The veggie version - the only one that made it through my lockdown attempts (I may have been a bit heavy handed with the fish sauce AND the shrimp paste on the non-veg version, even for me).

I finished late last night so we had chippy dinner. Mr Looby had fish and I had a burger. The portions are massive so we agreed to share a medium chips. Except he had some sort of brain fart when ordering and bought us a small to share which is basically a cone of chips. I was furious. The burger was actually quite filling but there was no way I was telling him that. 😄

Cottage pie tonight, clearly it’s a beef and spuds week.

Hello all.

I'm eating well again, and thought I would jump in on the thread.

I walked up to Deptford Market today after some fish. I want the freshest fish so dont have a plan, it could be turbot or sardines.

I get two big red mullet. They were stiff with rigor mortis, iridescent skin. Yum. These are big fish.

I'm ready and almost primed to light the BBQ but will have to wait. When big love returns from cinema trip I will stuff a few herbs from the garden in the gut cavity, brush each fish in good olive oil and roast whole over charcoal for 30 mins.

I'm thinking veg and some lemon.

With Thelonious Monk playing.

Yesterday - chippy dinner - shared a small cod, a saveloy and a roe with my son, breaded mozzarella sticks for the girl, large chips between us and curry sauce and mayo.

Today - curried sweet potato, carrot and apple soup with a part baked ciabatta with added garlic/herb/cheddar butter. Fruit for pudding.
Your chippy does breaded mozzarella sticks? Fucking Brighton :rolleyes: :D

I've just had a roti with channa, spinach, pumpkin and potato. Lots of tamarind sauce. It's been too long.

The fry up didn't happen, by the time washing up and laundry were done it was late and I was tired but my sausages still weren't bloody defrosted so we had breaded pollock fillets, fries, mushy peas and garden peas (mushy for him and non mushy for me) and tartare sauce. Was pretty nice. And I can put together a fantastic tartare sauce in an emergency :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom