Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not sure. It's going to have to be sausages again as I've still three that need using up and I was going to do my old favourite, sausage and mixed bean stew, but I think I'm a bit bored of that and I'm not having them with chips a second night running. Anyone any suggestions?! Preferably quick, easy and with plenty of vegetables. :hmm: :)

Not sure. It's going to have to be sausages again as I've still three that need using up and I was going to do my old favourite, sausage and mixed bean stew, but I think I'm a bit bored of that and I'm not having them with chips a second night running. Anyone any suggestions?! Preferably quick, easy and with plenty of vegetables. :hmm: :)
Had I seen this earlier I would have suggested toad.

CBA after work this evening... cheese on toast, and a chocolate eclair

Sounds good, I love cheese on toast and it's a perfect solution for those CBA moments :)

OH isn't due home until around 2am at which point we will be having the fry up I was planning to do Thursday night (my sausages should be defrosted by now, if they aren't then I need a new fridge!)

First time in I don't know how long that I only have to do MY dinner! :eek:
I was going to have a fishfinger sandwich - and I was quite looking forward to it - but, since I ended up doing a load of cooking for the week anyway, I am going to sack off freezing half of the pork/lentil/root veg/tarragon stew I made and am reheating a portion of that instead. Bonus is that my son will be happy to get a subtantially larger portion than he would otherwise have done, when we have it on Monday, too :D

I reckon I will have crisps and lemon cake for pudding :cool:

Fuck knows, OH was supposed to be having tomorrow off which meant late night tonight but he's now got to work tomorrow to cover staff illness :hmm: so it's going to be another night of a late dinner then straight to bed, the late dinner I was going to do is too dependent on timings. It now needs to be something that can be ready to serve at some point between 1am and 4am depending upon transport

Fuck knows, OH was supposed to be having tomorrow off which meant late night tonight but he's now got to work tomorrow to cover staff illness :hmm: so it's going to be another night of a late dinner then straight to bed, the late dinner I was going to do is too dependent on timings. It now needs to be something that can be ready to serve at some point between 1am and 4am depending upon transport
Cook your own dinner at a proper time and let him sort his own out!

Cook your own dinner at a proper time and let him sort his own out!

I'm not working right now and he is paying all the bills, if we were both out working I would be inclined to agree with you but cooking for us both is the only way I feel as if I contribute right now. It is important to my mental wellbeing that I at least do that.

I'm doing a curry, that can sit on the hob for a while and will only improve as a result :D

I had my fishfinger sandwich for breakfast cool:

I'm simmering a 2.5 kilo gammon joint (on half price at Tesco) with some fennel and coriander seeds, star anise, chilli flakes, carrot, onion, garlic and bay leaves (plus half a pear which had fallen off my mum's tree and was decaying at one end - just because I couldn't think what else to do with it!). Will save the stock for pea and ham soup for later in the week.

I'm going to remove the skin and put some boiled cider/maple syrup/brown sugar/mustard over the top then stick it in the oven to crisp up the fat. Roasties, cauli cheese and broccoli to go with it. The girl will have veggie sausage rolls in place of the gammon.
Blueberries and banana with greek yoghurt and meringues for pudding.

Cooking and baking for my brother's birthday.
He asked for sweet and sour chicken with rice and chips.
And this for dessert.
20200920_165133.jpg
I made a pavlova and this time I topped it with custard cream and the usual fresh berries.

I've spent the last 5 minutes licking the "left over " custard cream off spoon, mixer, bowl. Rather a lot was left over..
😁

I had my fishfinger sandwich for breakfast cool:

I'm simmering a 2.5 kilo gammon joint (on half price at Tesco) with some fennel and coriander seeds, star anise, chilli flakes, carrot, onion, garlic and bay leaves (plus half a pear which had fallen off my mum's tree and was decaying at one end - just because I couldn't think what else to do with it!). Will save the stock for pea and ham soup for later in the week.

I'm going to remove the skin and put some boiled cider/maple syrup/brown sugar/mustard over the top then stick it in the oven to crisp up the fat. Roasties, cauli cheese and broccoli to go with it. The girl will have veggie sausage rolls in place of the gammon.
Blueberries and banana with greek yoghurt and meringues for pudding.

That gammon sounds like it will be delicious!

Back
Top Bottom