Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sometimes I think people post odd stuff on here just to check whether anyone is paying attention :D Or maybe I am a bit of a meal traditionalist :D

I've got some sausages out of the freezer so when Nate gets home I'll do those for myself and he can have some veggie ones, we've got some potatoes which I will do something with to go with the sausages, either beans or peas with that.

The last few days' dinners have been based on red meat (merguez stew, beef chilli and venison in Guinness stew) so back on the oily fish: peppered mackerel from a tin, batch tabouleh, kalamata olives and a few cherry toms. Maybe a coconut milk yog after. Budvar as an amuse-bouche first though.

I mean seriously at least if I cook something myself and it isn't great I can put it down to kitchen malfunction which doesn't happen often, but just occasionally shit goes wrong and there is a disappointing meal. If you order in, you are expecting a bit better than some equivalent of drunk Epona trying to put something together in the kitchen and failing (I do usually succeed though) and you have full expectation for a really good meal.

Dunno. I fancy something 'nice' for dinner tonight but not sure what that is :D

Had some soopermarket #haggleshelf curry last night which was underwhelming at best. Have small bowl of leftovers of that for lunch I think.

Back
Top Bottom