Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight we're having moules frites. There was an offer on moules so we thought we'd have them.

We're eating more fish at the moment, there seems to be a lot of offers on, last night we had cuttlefish. I tossed it in five spice seasoned flour then fried it in corn oil. It was nice but it's better just tossed in seasoned flour. The five spice detracted from subtle flavour of the fish.

I'm tempted to do buffalo shrimp tomorrow. There's an offer on shrimp in Lidl.

I was very disappointed to discover that the mushrooms I had thought would be ok tonight had despite my best efforts gone soggy and started to grow mould of an inappropriate sort, so they had to go in the bin (bloody Morrisons, it's great for some things but their veg never last as long as you'd like). Was seriously worried that this would ruin my dinner enjoyment until I decided to fry some bread in the remains of the bacon fat (for me), I have not had fried bread in a long time and it was absolutely fantastic.

So dinner ended up as facon and fried egg sarnies for him with mayo and ketchup, with potato wedges on the side.

I had back bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, and bread and butter soldiers to dip in my fried egg yolks.

Perfect :)

(Will try to make up for the lack of veg tomorrow)

Those last 2 posts are not making me feel any better about my frozen pizza dinner, those meals sound absolutely fantastic, I hope to fuck that we have some money so I can do a shop tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom