Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Me and some friends did the eat out thing tonight. Steak at one place then we went somewhere else for pudding. I had a ridiculously sweet waffle thing and feel disgusting and bloated and I have to go to bed but don’t want to lay down. 😄
Boris would be so proud.

I made these and they were way too soggy. I kept having to add more flour. I can't really recommend them.

If I was doing them again I think I'd just make courgette pakoras basically with gram flour.
Yeah, I normally go gram flour. and i don't think I wring my courgettes out enough.

I am currently slow cooking a chicken, so it will be chickenesque things for tea for the next few days. Probably pasta and rice will feature most days, but for tonight it's spuds and carrots and stuffing and gravy. There will also be soup for dinners for the rest of the week.
All hail the stretchiness of a chicken.
I've been tempted to slow cook a whole chicken but the thought it coming out looking raw puts me off. Do you brown it first or afterwards, or just close your eyes and strip off the peely-wally skin to get to the meat?

I've been tempted to slow cook a whole chicken but the thought it coming out looking raw puts me off. Do you brown it first or afterwards, or just close your eyes and strip off the peely-wally skin to get to the meat?
I don't brown it first because as you say the skin goes to wibble in the slow cooker and it's only good for chucking out. Or feeding to a cat or dog, if you've got one.

It suddenly dawned on me on the way home from swimming that it was the last chance to eat out to help Boris out apart from Monday so I had a pub garden pie with extremely dense mash and alleged broccoli. Now feel like I have swallowed a brick. Glad I had a large salad for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom