Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Second half of the courgette fusilli. Surprisingly, this was actually much nicer and had matured overnight into something very close to macaroni cheese, so I added a bit of extra cheese and went with it. I can definitely see potential for hiding surplus courgettes in macaroni cheese.
Pudding: stewed blackberry (foraged from park) and apple (foraged from neighbours) with Greek yoghurt (foraged from Sainsburys).

Yesterday I bought a Tesco meal deal for £10 as I wanted a bottle of wine! Veggie option was mushroom stroganoff which I usually avoid but I had some of my partners mushroom linguini mid-week & liked it. So it was stroganoff & chips & the whole bottle of wine to myself. Didn’t open the cheesecake.

Tonight is scrambled tofu with avocado & a Mexican bean salad - not made it before.

I'm cooking intuitively ie not using a recipe ....
Im making an orzo chessy tomato bake. Sautéing the irzo with onion and garlic then adding some veg stock. Then making a chunky tomato, mushroom and pepper and garlic sauce.
When the orzo is cooked mix the sauce in with grated cheese , put in a baking dish and bung it in the oven for 20 mins.....

I'll report back- I've never cooked with orzo before.

I'm cooking intuitively ie not using a recipe ....
Im making an orzo chessy tomato bake. Sautéing the irzo with onion and garlic then adding some veg stock. Then making a chunky tomato, mushroom and pepper and garlic sauce.
When the orzo is cooked mix the sauce in with grated cheese , put in a baking dish and bung it in the oven for 20 mins.....

I'll report back- I've never cooked with orzo before.
Delicious!

Last night we didn’t get around to having dinner so we had crisps and then went straight to pudding (roulade).
So we have lamb steaks for tonight. Has anyone got the recipe for saffron braised tomatoes and potatoes handy please? Might do that and green beans.

I'm going out for dinner tonight and I'm so excited! I'm going to have 3 courses and take photos. :thumbs: :facepalm:
Right I had -
Mackerel fillet glazed with blackcurrant with fermented apple and beetroot.
Duo of lamb - rosette of lamb on belly hash with broad bean puree and rosemary jus.
Strawberry and elderflower cheesecake cannoli with white chocolate and pistachio.
It was delicious. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom