Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A homemade sub sandwich with a filling of wafer thin ham, Philadelphia Garlic and Herb cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers, with a baconnaise dressing. Plus a cool glass of King Goblin 6.6% ruby beer.

I want to come to your house for my tea, that looks really tasty.

Fake oven tea of homemade chicken panko goujons, sweet potato wedges and (pork free) Boston baked beans made with loads of chipotle. Delicious but maybe not totally worth the effort given how close it was to a Lidl freezer special...

Last night we had baked potatoes with pork medallions (for me) and salmon fillet (for him) cooked in a thai inspired sauce involving lime juice, chillies, garlic, ginger, coriander and celery leaf, and a few other bits and pieces. Oh and some shredded courgette and red pepper just cooked briefly in the same sauce and served on top. Delicious, will do again.

For once my veggie stew used the veggies in prime condition.
A whole kilo of carrots, two heads of broccoli and 380g of mushrooms.
This will still be feeding me over the weekend by topping up with beans, canned Tom's and soup....

Miso soup with gyoza and home grown pak choi.

I haven't had this since I started getting a recipe box and I'm surprised it's taken me a week to get round to it.

There's a reason I eat this all the time, which is that it's fucking delicious.
Sounds fucking delicious!

I seized the chance to have a friend round for supper in the garden while the weather's nice. Made summer rolls with smoked tofu in and a peanut dipping sauce, tomato and mozzarella salad with sun dried tomatoes and basil, bread from the nice stall. Blackcurrant fool with meringues for pud. MY blackcurrants a la Ron Merlin.
I love summer rolls, yours sound vegetarian but prawns and charred pork inside are also really yum. As for blackcurrants, count me in!

Back
Top Bottom