Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's currently good on 4OD?

Is it just me who finds watching All4 almost impossible? I pause and rewind a lot as I get distracted and All4 makes this very difficult. The screen greys out sometimes and you have to stop and resume to get back to normal. You can’t fast forward through ads. If you pause, adverts pop up, so you can’t freeze frame to check a detail.
This may be because of the interface I use - the app on the PS4. Or is it the same on smart TVs or Freeview?
Not just you. I can't watch anything with ads any more. It really drives me crazy. Can't pause or skip the ads on All4 and I'm not paying for another subscription to get rid of them. I've got access to enough ad free stuff from other services so sadly, I just don't watch things on All4.

Not just you. I can't watch anything with ads any more. It really drives me crazy. Can't pause or skip the ads on All4 and I'm not paying for another subscription to get rid of them. I've got access to enough ad free stuff from other services so sadly, I just don't watch things on All4.
I just want to watch Taskmaster! It took me two hours last night and I didn’t really watch it properly in the end. :mad:

Finished this last night and thoroughly recommend. Some excellent interviews with the activists involved, as well as some absolutely enraging interviews with the filth.
Added to my watchlist :thumbs:

We've just watched all 4 episodes of Imposter: The Man who cam back from the Dead - very odd case which I recalled seeing in the news at the time but didn't really pay attention to. There is also a podcast on Audible if you have that about the same case called I am not Nicholas if you're interested.

Who is Arthur Knight? A bookish nice guy just woken up from a coma? Or Nicholas Rossi in disguise - a sexually aggressive narcissist and one of America's most wanted? Part of True Crime on Channel 4.

We've just watched all 4 episodes of Imposter: The Man who cam back from the Dead - very odd case which I recalled seeing in the news at the time but didn't really pay attention to. There is also a podcast on Audible if you have that about the same case called I am not Nicholas if you're interested.

Who is Arthur Knight? A bookish nice guy just woken up from a coma? Or Nicholas Rossi in disguise - a sexually aggressive narcissist and one of America's most wanted? Part of True Crime on Channel 4.
I watched this over the last 2 nights. What an insane story!!

My partner's production company made that. So I've had to watch it too (I think it's a very interesting story. Was a bit irritated by some of the stylistic choices- took too long to explain what he was actually accused of for example).

My partner's production company made that. So I've had to watch it too (I think it's a very interesting story. Was a bit irritated by some of the stylistic choices- took too long to explain what he was actually accused of for example).

You can tell them that we loved it! ikwym about some of the stylistic choices - but that's always the case isn't it - some people like/go with their choice and some don't - horses for whassname innit.

I thought it was very well made and didn't suffer from the "two hours of content crammed into four hours of TV" syndrome that some documentaries do when they're clearly dragging it out to fill the allotted time-slot due to production company or advertising commitments. Seem to get that a lot with USA true crime that's made for TV. Not all of them, but a fair lump of them.

Last edited:
Also binge-watched (something I never normally do) the Imposter: Man Who Came Back From the Dead last night. Disturbing and bizarre in equal measure.

Back
Top Bottom