Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

When does Buffy get good?

:eek:

That must've been after I stopped watching it. The one Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia is meant to be the other really good one.
As a slight change of subject, I’ve just watched this whilst I wait for my coffee to kick in and yes, it’s definitely funny and watchable. But as the plot is preparing/putting on a musical, it’s also a completely different kettle of fish to Once More With Feeling.

Nonetheless, an interesting and less cringey way to how many other TV programmes approach musical episodes. 7/10. :thumbs:

I watched it in my late 30s (might have been early 40s, can't remember) after being badgered into it. I thought Season 1 was shit, until towards episode 9, I think, when it all clicked into place. Since then I've watched the whole thing twice. And I even enjoyed season 1 in subsequent watches. There's something about the humour that I like... And the adults, especially Buffy's mum, how they dealt with it all was interesting to me, as an adult and a mother.

I read the other day that Natasha Lyonne apparently auditioned for Buffy. That would have felt very different!

What I think is more well known is that SMG originally auditioned for Cordelia and Charisma Carpenter for Buffy.

I could also just be completely wrong, but sure she was Republican. Of course a lot of more moderate Republicans have not followed the party into insanity, and maybe her views just changed.
she was a registered Republican as recently as 2016 - she said it wasn't going to stop her voting for H Clinton

I’m going to take a wild guess and speculate that most Buffy fans here are between 30-45 years old.
I am definitely too old for it. It wasn’t something my peers were watching IIRC.
Err, 56 here :D

Just wanna add too that all the way through, I thought they captured heart-torn mind-fucked teenage angst perfectly, and I was genuinely taken back to those years. Urghh.I wouldnt be a fucking teenager again if you paid me.

I think with a lot of these series, if you didn't watch at the time (or at least fairly close to the time), you've missed the boat.

i didn't watch the first 2-3 seasons at the time and caught up when i was 17ish watching the 14(?) year olds and found the first season or two a bit young / crap but perservered cos it gets better. definitely very dark by the last few seasons, i remember the point i realised i needed to record the late friday version not the tuesday early evening version cos it was missing huge fucking chunks due to watershed.

My very hardcore Buffy fan friend has alerted me to the fact that there's a new makeup range coming out endorsed by the people who played Darla and Drusilla. £88 does sound a bit steep but you do get 45 shades for your money so maybe that's reasonable?

My very hardcore Buffy fan friend has alerted me to the fact that there's a new makeup range coming out endorsed by the people who played Darla and Drusilla. £88 does sound a bit steep but you do get 45 shades for your money so maybe that's reasonable?
The colours and packaging look like they're aimed at teenagers but can't imagine many teenagers spending £88 on that. (I certainly wouldn't.)

Back
Top Bottom