Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What’s good to stream? Any platform. Newer programmes.

Is it? I love both the lead actors and am interested because of them but I'm not keen on sickly "romance" stories.
Let’s just say I watched several episodes and left it on while I was in the bath and doing other assorted stuff and I didn’t feel like I missed much.

Re Alice and Jack: I was thinking they should have swapped the female leads around to make it more understandable. Definitely not as good as One Day.

Mrs LR and I are looking for something to binge together. But we can’t find anything. Maybe it’s choice paralysis, but there’s nothing we fancy together. We will consider getting a subscription if it’s a service we don’t have.

She doesn’t like sci fi or fantasy (although she loved Poor Things). She thought the Sopranos was the best thing she’d ever watched (I loved it too).

We recently watched and loved Mr Inbetween (Soprano vibes there - the family life of a hitman).

We tried Domino Day, although it’s not really her kind of thing, but it didn’t really catch our imagination.

We loved series one of Ted Lasso, series two was a huge disappointment, series three regained the magic to begin with, but then started dragging again with overlong episodes and too much schmaltz.

We watched Yellowjackets first season - I’d give it a 6 - but gave up on the second season. It wasn’t going to go anywhere.

There’s nothing really clicking. So what are we missing? Slow Horses was the last thing we both loved.
Not read the whole thread, so apols if a repeat, but Baron Noir

Also on iPlayer is Guilt which is very good. Not sure how old it is.
Dreaming Whilst Black is a good comedy. And not a comedy but Michaela Cole's powerful I May Destroy You is still up.
And if you liked Detectorists, Daisy May Cooper's This Country is also on there and is one of my favourite British sitcoms and also has that gentleness about it even though it's a mockumentary.
I watch a lot of iPlayer.

Anyone seen RoboDoc? It’s an excellent 4-part doc on the making of Robocop. Very thorough but fascinating - they interviewed everyone in detail, it’s stuffed full of clips from Robocop and other films, has animated sections to help tell the story and the music is perfect. It looks like they spent a lot of money on it, which is even more impressive considering it looks like it was crowdfunded (judging by the epic credits/thanks list).
Can’t be faulted
5 big fucking guns out of 5

Anyone seen RoboDoc? It’s an excellent 4-part doc on the making of Robocop. Very thorough but fascinating - they interviewed everyone in detail, it’s stuffed full of clips from Robocop and other films, has animated sections to help tell the story and the music is perfect. It looks like they spent a lot of money on it, which is even more impressive considering it looks like it was crowdfunded (judging by the epic credits/thanks list).
Can’t be faulted
5 big fucking guns out of 5
Where might i find this?

Back
Top Bottom