Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What’s good to stream? Any platform. Newer programmes.

Sunny on Apple+ has a premise so ridiculous you wouldn’t imagine it ever being anything other than awful, yet against all odds has been brilliant so far

I’m a fan of Rashida Jones, so I have that on my list!

Fallout S1 on amazon
House of the Dragon s2 (hbo/now tv/sky)
LOTR rings of power s2 starts august 29th on amazon

TV is dreadful at the moment.
Best things I've seen are Spent on BBC and Queenie on channel 4 or ITV, but not sure either of these are your sort of thing.
I saw there's a new series of Mayor of Kingstown on Prime, definitely watchable.
Other than that the sports documentaries are where it's at.

Fallout S1 on amazon
House of the Dragon s2 (hbo/now tv/sky)
LOTR rings of power s2 starts august 29th on amazon
Maybe I need to give the latter two shows another go. But I have found them massively underwhelming if not necessarily bad. Certainly not living up to the universes they are spinning off from. I don’t know if it’s the time span gap or something else, but when you compare it to, say Better Call Saul as a spinoff of Breaking Bad, it feels like a massive disservice to their mother series.

As far as Game of Thrones goes, a chronologically close prequel or sequel featuring one or several of the main characters would have been a mouthwatering prospect. Or even as an insert within the timeline of GoT (like Rogue One is to the Star Wars universe). Even if you know both main characters will survive unscathed because you see them later on in GoT, imagine a spinoff miniseries featuring the previously untold adventures of Tyrion Lannister and Bronn. I’d watch that all day long and even if it was a poor script their very presence would make it worth it.

It's been mentioned already on this thread but Deadloch (on Prime) is good if you've not already seen it. Aussie feminist noir comedy whodunnit thing.

I've checked and Bay of Fires hadn't been mentioned here till I posted, but what had been mentioned was Dark Rivers, a German series with a similar premise (witness protection placement in the arse and of nowhere)

Anyway yeah, both very good. Bay of Fires is funnier though, or at least is meant partly as comedy, whereas Dark Rivers is more straight drama/thriller.

It’s old and you’ll probably hate it but I really enjoyed Friday night lights

Have no idea what platform it’s on though

It's been mentioned already on this thread but Deadloch (on Prime) is good if you've not already seen it. Aussie feminist noir comedy whodunnit thing.
"Cunt manifesto" :D

Another ITVX mention (sorry but I only do free TV :D ) is Piglets, a very silly comedy set among a trainee coppers. Nothing deep about it, just laughs and a few touching moments. But IMO worth the ~3hrs (6 x 27-odd mins per episode)

Cowboy Cartel, Apple documentary mini-series about the investigation by US agencies that brought down the Mexican Zatas cartel's money laundering operation thru American horse racing. Told by the team that did it. Sadly there's only 4 parts - I wished there'd been more.

Last edited:
I just finished watching Constellation. Quantum psychological brooding weirdness. Not bad at all. Some space scenes.

We watched quite a few episodes of The Bear last night. Not the type of thing I'd normally watch, but really enjoyed it.

Top chef moves back home to take over the family sandwich shop. A lot better then that sounds.

Back
Top Bottom