Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's currently good on 4OD?

Anyone watching I, Sniper?....about the Washington sniper murders in 2002.

As true crime series go it's really good. I remember when it was on the news at the time but knew nothing about it. I'm up to part 3 and so far it's more centered around the perps, their motives and the investigation. Much of the story and his history is told by the sniper in phone calls from prison.

Last edited:
Anyone watching I, Sniper?....about the Washington sniper murders in 2002.

As true crime series go it's really good. I remember when it was on the news at the time but knew nothing about it. I'm up to part 3 and so far it's more centered around the perps, their motives and the investigation. Much of the story and his history is told by the sniper in phone calls from prison.

Is it a dramatisation ar a regular documentary series?

Calm With Horses.

From 4OD - Violent crime drama set in Ireland. A former boxer-turned-gangster-heavy is not as ruthless as his employers would like, which causes tension.

Got some of my favourite actors in it. Tense as fuck.

Calm With Horses.

From 4OD - Violent crime drama set in Ireland. A former boxer-turned-gangster-heavy is not as ruthless as his employers would like, which causes tension.

Got some of my favourite actors in it. Tense as fuck.
I've not seen the film, but the score by Blanck Mass is excellent.

I watched all of Buffy, ER and The West Wing during lockdown. Now working my way through Cheers.
What's happened to Buffy, and for that matter Seinfeld on All4? They used to have the entirety of both series up there, and then both disappeared. I think E4 is still showing Buffy, so have they just lost the online rights to NetSky Prime, or something?

An old film, but I'd never seen it before - Drowning by Numbers, by Peter Greenaway.

Showing its age with the amount of gratuitous nudity, BUT I found it absolutely fascinating.

The number counting, ritualisation and rules of games struck a strong chord with me. I've done this type of stuff all my life. The arbitrariness of rules fascinate me, and you can draw parallels with societal rules. Who makes them and to what end?

There are scenes that must have taken half a day to set up, there's so much detail in them. You never usually see such 'full up/fully dressed' sets like that. It's so rich that if it were a flavour, there'd be 7 layers to it. I was literally feasting my eyes on these scenes, trying to take in as much as possible.

I loved the colloquial knowledge - the sheep tied up with bells to measure the tide times :D

Also, the fireworks at the end go on for an impossible length of time :D

So yeh, would recommend. It's such an interesting film.

Have you finished watching it yet? I finished it off last night, and it was quite touching.
Binged it in one go. I thought it was great.
Loved the straight lad/gay lad friendship where they are just totally accepting of each other.
Both leads were great eh?

All of Frasier. I've never seen the first episodes -- Niles meeting Daphne for the first time, how the stripey armchair turns up etc.

Into the infinite two minutes (or something).
Japanese sci fi comedy. Nice short film, very enjoyable.
Looks like they did it all in one shot, but the can't have done. I don't know how they did it.
Fun for the whole family.

It's not on yet, as they're showing it live tonight. But this evening's Last Leg has former Tory minister Sayeeda Warsi, and Frankie Boyle, which should make for interesting chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom