Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's currently good on 4OD?

David Clapson

This ought to be a lively thread - 4OD is chock full of good stuff. In the Films section I recommend Prospect - one of the best sci-fi movies I reckon. The teenage lead, Sophie Thatcher, is quite brilliant. She carries the film even when she has no lines. I hope she goes on to great things.

Slow West is another good 'un, if you like a "violent, off-beat Western" with Michael Fassbender.

I think, until now at least, we've all been putting non-BBC stuff on the iplayer thread.

I'm making my way through Friday Night Dinner, Seinfeld and Buffy.

The Florida Project is a great film for anyone who hasn't seen it. And Tangerine by the same director is good too.

And obvs 24 Hours in Police Custody, ahtough there's not many episodes available.

Also the pedant in me wants to point out it's called All4 thesedays. :D

The thing with stuff on All4 though is you can't get away from the adverts. I go through phases of watching stuff on there but after a while, I get so hacked off with the ads I give up.

There's a lot of good stuff there but the ads just do my head in after a while.

Shitloads of good stuff on 4OD. Have to second Florida project, Part 2 - wonderful film. Also Bait is available at the moment.

Firefox with Ublock seems to catch all adverts (please don't read this, advertising/IT department at Ch4).

The thing with stuff on All4 though is you can't get away from the adverts. I go through phases of watching stuff on there but after a while, I get so hacked off with the ads I give up.

There's a lot of good stuff there but the ads just do my head in after a while.
You can get rid of them but you have to pay £3.99 a month

I'm catching up with The Great, It's fun and non serious treatment of history reminds me of Black Adder. A few days only left to catch first episode.

Back - seasons 1 and 2. Mitchell and Webb do something different.

Stath Lets Flats - hysterically funny.

The Windsors - is still up there and well worth a watch if you've not seen it.

Lee and Dean - again, really funny. Seasons 1 and 2 still up.

Time Team and Come Dine With Me are staples of "want some background noise and comfort" in my house. Taskmaster is probably the best modern panel show going.

Shitloads of good stuff on 4OD. Have to second Florida project, Part 2 - wonderful film. Also Bait is available at the moment.

Firefox with Ublock seems to catch all adverts (please don't read this, advertising/IT department at Ch4).

C4 have been fairly good at neutering ad-blockers, I'll have to give it a go with just U-Block enabled but it'll probably still pickup Adblock+ and Ghostery as always.

I've just finished the latest series of Locked Up. By now, it's become the most absurdly-written thing in TV history. Has a few good actors in, though.

Back
Top Bottom