Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Wanted to martyr Trump to now firmly unite extreme right

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • He didn't say anywhere and we'll never know

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
With Cloo and emanymton this, I don't think there was any motive other than a desire to be noticed. I suspect we will find the shooter was some socially inept misfit, bullied and a poor performer at school, no friends, awkward with women and blaming everyone else for being like that.
Trump was just a convenient target, if it had been Biden there he might have gone for him instead. He probably would have eventually gone on a rampage at a school or a mall. This is what you get when you have a society when it's easier to get a gun than counselling.
Thing is this guy may have completely changed the course of history if this helps Trump to win where he might have otherwise lost.

With Cloo and emanymton this, I don't think there was any motive other than a desire to be noticed. I suspect we will find the shooter was some socially inept misfit, bullied and a poor performer at school, no friends, awkward with women and blaming everyone else for being like that.
Trump was just a convenient target, if it had been Biden there he might have gone for him instead. He probably would have eventually gone on a rampage at a school or a mall. This is what you get when you have a society when it's easier to get a gun than counselling.
Thing is this guy may have completely changed the course of history if this helps Trump to win where he might have otherwise lost.
He's 20 and a dishwasher at a care home I think, so he fits the bill of being someone who could see himself as being crushingly unimportant and not having been given his award for being a white man.

He's 20 and a dishwasher at a care home I think, so he fits the bill of being someone who could see himself as being crushingly unimportant and not having been given his award for being a white man.

I remember getting a book token when I had some decent GCSE results. I guess they do things bigger in America?

His job at the care home seems unclear, but socially valuable regardless.

Last edited:
or they needed a martyr

do we know whether they'll be able to reconstruct his posts on that encrypted forum he was in?

So he got bullied for being a bad shot at rifle club which probably included a lot of Trumpards and he almost showed them. He deserves a 10/10 on the planning though.

Trump was gonna win anyway. It was worth a shot.

It might depend on his and his supporters' reactions to this - if they go (even) more mental it could put waverers off even more. It'll certainly mean the republicans get their voters out come november though.

I think this was a mass shooting/elaborate suicide that just happened to be directed at Trump because it would get more attention. It appears that he was kind of an odd ball in school who was mercilessly bullied. I bet if they investigate a bit, they'll find that he was an incell who hated women too. This was his payback.

He’d have been 16 or 17 in Jan 2021, plenty of time to get radicalised online one way or the other. Or maybe donating to Biden and shooting Trump were both ways of pissing off his gun-nut parents?

I'm not sure that too much is being made of the fat that Crooks was a registered republican. Many people in the US register in the OPPOSITE party of the one they actually hold allegiance to in order to vote against the candidate they most dislike in the primary

• In Pennsylvania, only registered party members can participate in a political party's primary election.
  • In Pennsylvania, the winner of a primary election is the candidate who receives the greatest number of votes, even if he or she does not win an outright majority of votes cast.
this is a tactic that was encouraged by right wing media types, eg Rush Limbaugh, in the 2016 primary period; and, may've been used, in reverse, by Mr Crooks

Last edited:
Smith’s recollection potentially adds contours to the emerging, complicated portrait of Crooks, who donated $15 as a 17-year-old to a progressive political action committee in early 2021 – and then registered to vote as a Republican months later at age 18, according to federal finance records and Pennsylvania voter data.

Fair enough. Then, if this is the case, Mr Crooks' true motives, if there are any that are clearly definable, may never be known

I remember getting a book token when I had some decent GCSE results. I guess they do things bigger in America?

His job at the care home seems unclear, but socially valuable regardless.
Mrs Q was telling me once that she had a parent who wanted to know why her daughter wasn't doing well at school. Mrs Q wasn't allowed to say that it was because the offspring was lazy and wouldn't apply herself so she was trying to be subtle (anyone who knows my wife could tell you that isn't easy for her)
Suddenly the mum said "Well she needs to get some qualifications since I haven't got any and I can't get a job because of all the immigrants taking them"
Mrs Q (biting her tongue) said "The local care homes are crying out for staff these days"
"Oh I can't be expected to do that, those are jobs for immigrants to do"
The attitude that white people are entitled to better jobs because they are white is alive and well in this country. I'm sure it's thriving in the USA.

I reckon just wanted to be famous. Probably planning a school shooting (or whatever) then heard Trump was coming to town and changed plans.
Its possible but surely he must have known that lone assassins where successful or not usually get sent on the lightless walk. Maybe he did get this and went for it anyway as part of other motivations. Any manifesto or notes found yet?

Back
Top Bottom