Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

waste of DNA sets fire to manchester dogs home

my feelings at the moment are so conflicted.

i am so so fucking angry at what someone has done here and yet at the same time overjoyed at the actions of the two guys who went in and saved the dogs they could. add to this the money donated and the items and we really are seeing both the worst and the best in humanity (in my eyes).

I have made no secret of where my feelings regarding both dogs and humanity stand but this has left me quite conflicted in those views. maybe there is some hope for "humanity" after all.

the lad, if he did it, has had his life changed forever. if he doenst do a serious amount of time for arson he will forever be looking over his shoulder. AR types have long memories for shit like this and if his identity ever gets out he is seriously fucked. I have mellowed loads in the past 18 months and a teeeny weeeny part of me feels sorry for him as his life, as he knew it, is now over. i am giving him the benefit of the doubt here and assuming it was unplanned and has had far far greater consequences than he imagined - again something the old me (and many who are still like I was) would never have done.
Just goes to show how f***ed up AR types are if you're right.

what a shame, my bestest buddy came from that home 11 years ago, he's an ex-baiting dog so hes a bit battered and bruised but hes a very handsome jack russell, but also a proper loveable fluffy bag of issues. he wont give you a little warning bite if you just dont over-fuss him and just let him sniff you out on his own terms. If he does bite, it'll only be a harmless nip, and its only cos hes very jumpy and scared, but he'll be very sorry and give you loads of licks to make up for it!

I have no idea. Plenty of people who've donated won't have dogs though - I haven't and I've donated money and food.
Dogs are helpless and cute (which isn't to say I think 60 of them burning to death is anything other than horrific)

people are just scroungers who shoudl get a job.

mrs pingu has spent the afternoon up at the warrington centre helping out took a fuckload of food/bowls etc with her. she said the sheer number of people turning up with everything from a lead through to vans full of stuff was humbling. We have also offered to take in a couple of the pooches until they get back on their feet.

mrs pingu has spent the afternoon up at the warrington centre helping out took a fuckload of food/bowls etc with her. she said the sheer number of people turning up with everything from a lead through to vans full of stuff was humbling. We have also offered to take in a couple of the pooches until they get back on their feet.

Good on you and your wife. :)

I'd love to foster a dog for them but sadly I can't. :(

Yeah, nobody's ever confessed to something they never did under police questioning.
Well, that's a little fallacious. It's possible the suspect might get beaten up and forced to confess, but we don't know that so let's not resort to lurid fantasies. I don't see that helping.

What I mean is, the suspect - if guilty - may well freely admit what they did rendering the subsequent trial a formality (though necessary).

Or they may not.

They've hit the £1 million mark now - all less than 24 hours from when this awful fire started. Well done everyone who was donated to this in whatever way - a fantastic example of people pulling together for an excellent cause. :cool:

manchester dogs home 1 million.jpg

I don't agree - though i'm not saying it's the case here - I think there is a groupthink at work in Britain already. It's the result of superficial emotive manipulation that comes from X Factor sob stories, the Armed Forces Wives Choir, the death of Diana, and a general feeling, in people, of being insecure and left, by the powers at be, in the grip of the cold winds of economic fortune.

There are many stories of people supporting animals that pre-date your "x-factor sob stories" by many decades. it's not all about emotional manipulation, it's about altruistic behaviour and empathy, even for animals.

And yet we live in a society where violence against claimants, including disabled sick and vulnerable people, is skyrocketing.

And why is it "skyrocketing"? Because some people succumb to the "superficial emotional manipulation" that's apart of the programme of this government with regard to claimants. It's "skyrocketing" because people are being constantly exposed to tropes and untruths, not because there's anything in those tropes and untruths.
Violence and compassion are also quite capable of existing alongside each other. Ask anyone who's ever been in a warzone.

Tell you what did happen round there, years & years ago, though it's a bit out of order looking back - There used to be an adventure playground and a bit of waste ground and, on the other side of a fence, Harpurhey old market. Anyway, we were playing in the advenny, about ten or maybe eleven, and one of us launched a stone over the fence into the old market. This black woman with a southern/cockney accent came running out at it "Which one of you little bastards did that? You hit my baby on the head".

Anyway, we overwhelmed & battered her. Not exactly proud, but it was funny & well, it is what it is.

WHAT!

Seen some people moaning about "what about starving children abroad?" I think people are responding to the senselessness of allegedly setting fire to a dog's home on purpose. How people risked their lives to save animals. It has that feel good factor that brings people together and responding in a positive way.

However, there are people threatening to the murder the suspected arsonist online, perspective people.

Its well known just how much is donated from wills to animal charities, I think there may be an issue there, not the above donations.

Not necessarily.

Look at the attitudes surrounding Help For Heroes, for example. The use of the word hero to describe soldiers. They are all heroes and we must support them. Part of the same groupthink, ably fed by the media who loves nothing more than to say 'our lads' or 'our boys' about anything from soldiers to sport players. 'Our'?

When I saw all those men and women marching at the start of the Invictus Games, I couldn't help but be moved and even a bit inspired, even with my attitude to the military, etc.

Last edited:
When I saw all those men and women marching at the start of the Invictus Games, I couldn't help but be moved and even a bit inspired, even with my attitude to the military, etc.
dont know what that is, sounds like something from ancient rome.

Back
Top Bottom