Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wankers of the World (well Bulmental, Lowkey, Galloway and Williamson) Unite for No2NATO Conference, London 25 Feb. Urban75 are invited to attend.

Well, if you identify with 'them' as you seem to do as part of the same 'old radical left' that you categorise them as (ffs at that) then yes, speaking at weirdo churches that seem happy to host any old bunch of murderous regime supporting cunts then yes, that's what you've been reduced to. But plenty of others haven't thanks.

Does it occur to you to reflect on why a good number of this 'old left' that you look at through misty eyes have so happily been supporting Assad, Putin, etc. the last years (not to mention a good bunch of them falling into some Covid denying/GBNews/conspiracy hole as well) and how that might not have been some wild anomaly or deviation from their politics, but actually something quite integral and flawed with it?
I'm not looking misty eyed at anybody. I've already said I have no time for them. I don't see who you or anybody else is to say they shouldn't have a right to organise on this issue however.

Ah but don't you see, NATO forced Putin to invade and occupy Ukraine after other countries peaceably joined up with NATO. How can Uncle Vlad keep the neighbours under his bloodstained thumb if they keep dallying with Western alliances?

You can thank Mr Putin for bringing that about. The invasion of Ukraine has proven to be a shot in the arm for NATO, as well as a kind of rallying point for that alliance and its friends. There's been more talk from European countries about not relying on the Yanks so much for military support.
Pity it's all going to end in tears.

I'm not looking misty eyed at anybody. I've already said I have no time for them. I don't see who you or anybody else is to say they shouldn't have a right to organise on this issue however.

Hark at you with your lauding of bourgeois rights for them to talk freely!

Feels like you're one very small step from moaning they're being cancelled by the woke left tbh.

Any Ukraine thread....

RD2003 saying; this was inevitable / NATO is terrible too / why didn't you all see this coming like me / it's not Russia's fault they can't help it as it's their destiny.
And now the loon red brown gang doing a public event he adds; well they are the old left / defend their right to speak in favour of Assad, Putin, etc.

Any Ukraine thread....

RD2003 saying; this was inevitable / NATO is terrible too / why didn't you all see this coming like me / it's not Russia's fault they can't help it as it's their destiny.
And now the loon red brown gang doing a public event he adds; well they are the old left / defend their right to speak in favour of Assad, Putin, etc.
Anybody should have been able to see this coming years and years ago.

I don't care whether they hold an event or not, as they're irrelevant among the tiny minority who even know about them. As I said though, I fail to see who the likes of you lot are to try and shut them down.

I don't care wheteher they hold an event or not, as they're irrelevant among the tiny minority who even know about them. As I said though, I fail to see who the likes of you lot are to try and shut them down.

Do you think the same about fascists or other bits of the right/alt-right who also have a similar anti-NATO line talking? Would you criticise people attacking them as well, with 'who are you lot to stop them'?

And to look at them as irrevelant and isolated individuals with no connections or influence to wider tendencies in politics is naive.

Do you think the same about fascists or other bits of the right/alt-right who also have a similar anti-NATO line talking? Would you criticise people attacking them as well, with 'who are you lot to stop them'?

And to look at them as irrevelant and isolated individuals with no connections or influence to wider tendencies in politics is naive.
No I don't. But the Galloway lot are not advocating the persecution of immigrants and minorities.

Imagining your leftie bubble to be an important barometer of events is what's naive.

No I don't. But the Galloway lot are not advocating the persecution of immigrants and minorities.

Imagining your leftie bubble to be an important barometer of events is what's naive.

Have you actually seen some of the output of Galloway etc. in the last years?

I'm not talking about any leftie bubble ffs. Do you think this mess of conspiracy/wild disinformation/dragging of some bits of the left into right wing positions (of which this lot are all a part of) is insignificant?!

Have you actually seen some of the output of Galloway etc. in the last years?

I'm not talking about any leftie bubble ffs. Do you think this mess of conspiracy/wild disinformation/dragging of some bits of the left into right wing positions (of which this lot are all a part of) is insignificant?!
I rarely take any notice of Galloway, but last time i looked he wasn't advocating racism.

It depends on whether you think today's left has any relevance in the real world, or at least on this particular issue. Some would say that a pro-NATO stance, whether explicity stated or implied, is dragging sections of the left into right wing positions.

I rarely take any notice of Galloway, but last time i looked he wasn't advocating racism.
Interesting that you should answer one observation with a different one.

LDC said: “conspiracy/wild disinformation/dragging of some bits of the left into right wing positions”.

You answered: “last time i looked he wasn't advocating racism.”

Does that mean conspiracy/wild disinformation/ and dragging some bits of the left into right wing positions are all fine as long as there’s no racism?

It’s the “I shot the sherif” defence on accusations of shooting the deputy. - “Mr Marley, I advise you to make no comment”.

Interesting that you should answer one observation with a different one.

LDC said: “conspiracy/wild disinformation/dragging of some bits of the left into right wing positions”.

You answered: “last time i looked he wasn't advocating racism.”

Does that mean conspiracy/wild disinformation/ and dragging some bits of the left into right wing positions are all fine as long as there’s no racism?
No. But, as I keep having to say, I don't see it as a reason to try and prevent them from organising on this issue, especially by people who take a right wing position on this war and NATO.

If they had confidence in their own arguments then they'd be confident in taking them on without appealing for bans, surely?

No. But, as I keep having to say, I don't see it as a reason to try and prevent them from organising on this issue, especially by people who take a right wing position on this war and NATO.

If they had confidence in their own arguments then they'd be confident in taking them on without appealing for bans, surely?
Oh, I see. No platforming is only to be applied to overt racism?

Personally I wouldn’t bother trying to deny these people an audience. And I certainly don’t call for a ban on them.

Wait a minute, I thought it was a lefty bubble. and why are you bothered if people organise against these freaks? Just sit back and do your usual cynical I have seen it all thing. don’t tell me you’re not bothered, you’ve posted several times on this thread already.

I don't think anyone has called for a ban on them on here though have they? People are just identifying them as politically problematic/the enemy, and suggested disrupting their talk or getting the venue to cancel them. Which given their positions is pretty mild. Strikes me as very odd that choose to basically defend them, and by default their politics, on this and similar issues. Did you have the same position with all the Stop the War pro-Assad stuff as well?

Back
Top Bottom