Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Vegan diets are healthier and safer for dogs' says The Guardian about University of Winchester survey

It’s a bit off when people report health advice given to their loved ones to cast doubt on that advice. Or imply the poster is lying.
Anyway it’s possible to have a healthy vegan diet just takes more attention. It’s not for me but good luck to those who it works. A bit more complicated when it comes to pet animals.
You don't see the contradiction when agenda-laden posters tear apart a published survey because it fails to meet their high standards of evidence, but then they start peppering the thread with completely unverifiable tales of people they know whose fairly unique circumstances just happen to exactly mirror their own take on the discussion?

'agenda-laden'? ffs.

Which part of 'I wish I hadn't brought it up' did you not understand?

You're making a fucking prick of yourself now.

I can't believe that I brought up something that happened to a family member for which some posters are having an absolute meltdown over suggesting that a qualified doctor was wrong or that I'm simply lying.
What an odd place.

I can't believe that I brought up something that happened to a family member for which some posters are having an absolute meltdown over suggesting that a qualified doctor was wrong or that I'm simply lying.
What an odd place.
The only person I can see having a 'meltdown' here is Mr Pottymouth above!

Inherently unhealthy. A well balanced veggie diet is not unhealthy as you ignorantly claim.
Where did I claim that? I said my BIL got ordered to eat fish/chicken by the doctor for health reasons. Then got loads of invented bollocks in reply such as the doctor was 'a fraud' or simply that I'm 'lying' lol.
I now know not to trust the arguments of those people in any other thread.

You don't see the contradiction when agenda-laden posters tear apart a published survey because it fails to meet their high standards of evidence, but then they start peppering the thread with completely unverifiable tales of people they know whose fairly unique circumstances just happen to exactly mirror their own take on the discussion?

Well there's a bit of the usual nonsense. But the original survey lacked rigor so of course it was gonna get pulled apart.

TBF It doesn't seem unlikely that vegan dog food, fortified if necessary with vitamins could be a healthy diet for your average mutt but I'd defer to the experts and decent research.

Obviously as a meat eater, I'm also fine with dogs eating the bits of animals us lot tend not to as well, to save on food waist.

But yeah, if someone says a doctor advised a relative to do X, to counter with you've made that person up, the doctor is wrong etc, is fucking ridiculous. Surely that's obvious. :) Nothing else regarding health advice would get that response on here.

Which was then, and is now, complete horseshit.

Seems a lot of doctors do

I guess they're all just shit at being doctors.

You don't see the contradiction when agenda-laden posters tear apart a published survey because it fails to meet their high standards of evidence,...

TBF, calling other posters 'agenda-laden' is a bit rich, as in 'pot & kettle'.

And, this so-called 'research' is dodgy, hence it got pulled apart, it's what urban does when someone posts a source which is somewhat dodgy, and you normally support that reaction, but clearly not on this subject. :hmm:

Not sure what “inherently” means in this context but if you mean bad then no, I don’t. But clearly it isn’t healthy for everyone.
And meat diets are healthy for everyone?

You claimed a vegi diet was "a shit one", own your crap ffs

Everything in moderation is the health advice we've been given for years, and is correct IMO.

Has your family been getting all their medical advice from the comment threads on the local paper's website or is there some mumsnet stuff in there as well?

Has your family been getting all their medical advice from the comment threads on the local paper's website or is there some mumsnet stuff in there as well?
This is quite funny. It's peak you. You think everyone who listens to professional advice which falls foul of your ideology have been doing so from other ideological sources other than a bloody GP! :D

Back
Top Bottom