Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Washington and state capitols brace for violence from armed Trump supporters

I may be wrong - but I would be surprised if there's any serious mass aggro this weekend - a few die hards will turn up and their could be some lone wolf type shit - but it seems like the trump base is all over the place - and without Trump and his cohorts summoning them I cant see thousands assembling at DC (which will be locked down to shit) and state capitols. be a motley collection of fuckwits shouting shit and sadly clutching their maga merch hoping for trump to play his ace card.
Even on the 6th Jan they didn't manage to attract massive numbers - this time around they are divided, demoralised, confused and leaderless.

Last edited:

I may be wrong - but I would be surprised if there's any serious mass aggro this weekend - a few die hards will turn up and their could be some lone wolf type shit - but it seems like the trump base is all over the place - and without Trump and his cohorts summoning them I cant see thousands assembling at the DC (which will be locked down to shit) and state capitols. be a motley collection of fuckwits shouting shit and sadly clutching their mage merch hoping for trump to play his ace card.
Even on the 6th Jan they didn't manage to attract massive numbers - this time around they are divided, demoralised, confused and leaderless.

Just one nutter can cause a lot of deaths.

people have been saying for a while that it'll be other states more likely to have things kick off rather than Washington

[Q
And, I suspect, the American score is a lot lower than the actual count - the way their health industry works, many poorer (& undocumented) people from minority groups will have died from the 'rona without being tested.

They are both similar ballpark. Also going on the estimates of how fatal they said originally this thing was, we are about half way through. (That said treatments has defo improved from then too.

Roubles dried up ?

Good idea to get out before the court cases start building up perhaps ?

Ah it's because they are moving from new york to texas which would be a more friendly state for them.

Intersting. No idea if this trump advisor/funder was revealing his meeting notes to the media on purpose. Sounds like they’re still planning something to challenge the election result.

Looks like Foreign Powers, my understanding is they missed the boat on that

I may be wrong - but I would be surprised if there's any serious mass aggro this weekend - a few die hards will turn up and their could be some lone wolf type shit - but it seems like the trump base is all over the place - and without Trump and his cohorts summoning them I cant see thousands assembling at DC (which will be locked down to shit) and state capitols. be a motley collection of fuckwits shouting shit and sadly clutching their maga merch hoping for trump to play his ace card.
I've no idea what the provenance of the 'attacks in all state capitals' story was, but it sounds like bullshit. Something like the newspaper stories the Met shared with the press about 'anarchists with samurai swords' on Mayday in London 2002-3 ish.

In terms of trump facing charges himself - which I don't think will actually happen - why has the process not at least started? If this was Britain and Jeremy Corbyn has sent a 'mob' to stop boris johnson stealing the 2019 election, concerned citizens - tory wankers - would have been in to make a complaint against him at their local nick. Is there no sign of Democrats doing the equivalent over trump?

What's the equivalent though? I can't say I'm totally on top of the American legal system, but I don't think there's much - beyond impeachment and the 25th amendment - that can actually be done while he's a sitting president.

What's the equivalent though? I can't say I'm totally on top of the American legal system, but I don't think there's much - beyond impeachment and the 25th amendment - that can actually be done while he's a sitting president.

there is some level of presidential immunity, although the limits to this are a bit sketchy.

More practically, it’s probably worth waiting until he no longer has the ability to pardon himself before going after him. I suspect there will be a number of cases popping up after Jan 20th. Would be funny if he landed in Florida to cops waiting on the runway and was taken away in cuffs.

I don't think for a moment that a citizen walking into a police station would be able to initiate an investigation that actually went anywhere. However you do get political opponents here alleging crimes, largely with a view to embarrassing cabinet members, local councillors and others. And these get reported and the police have to make some noises about investigating, not commenting and the like. I thought we might have heard similar about Trump following the events of the 6th.

Also, trump doesn't seem to have criminal immunity:
The Supreme Court made clear that Trump is not immune from criminal investigation, or indictment - The Washington Post

That ruling applies to state charges - with federal charges, I think they have to stick to the impeachment process for sitting presidents.

Whether somebody has been impeached as a sitting president but becomes a private citizen before the process concludes can face charges relating to the same offenses as a private citizen is uncharted territory we'll probably learn more about in the next couple of months - might be the case that Trump will get acquitted by the Senate if McConnell can't get 17 Republicans to vote to convict, and then federal courts will rule than any further charges relating to incitement to insurrection would be double jeopardy.

I don't think for a moment that a citizen walking into a police station would be able to initiate an investigation that actually went anywhere. However you do get political opponents here alleging crimes, largely with a view to embarrassing cabinet members, local councillors and others. And these get reported and the police have to make some noises about investigating, not commenting and the like. I thought we might have heard similar about Trump following the events of the 6th.

Also, trump doesn't seem to have criminal immunity:
The Supreme Court made clear that Trump is not immune from criminal investigation, or indictment - The Washington Post
Yes, I believe it's long been settled law that the us president doesn't have criminal immunity. Given that it's Trump, though, it might be a complication that he does have the power to fire federal judges.

So the #mypillowguy turned up at the Whitehouse to demand

1) A coup
2) An insurrection
3) Sydney Powel and her Kracken deployed
4) Kash Patel moving to the CIA as head
5) Blame it all on China and Iran
6) declare martial law.

Fuck me! What could possibly go wrong. Oh wait, his dastardly plan got snapped by a WH tog lol

For a man who has spent his entire life avoiding paying anything by launching spurious lawsuits to force people to back down from chasing legitimate money, lets hope that the Donald spends his few remaining years tacking an avalanche of spurious lawsuits that should surely come a calling

For a man who has spent his entire life avoiding paying anything by launching spurious lawsuits to force people to back down from chasing legitimate money, lets hope that the Donald spends his few remaining years tacking an avalanche of spurious lawsuits that should surely come a calling

And what lawyer is going to act for him, given his record on paying his bills, and the likely boycott by everyone else they'd face.

Back
Top Bottom